Alexandre Le Grande vs Aesopo AAR

I took the axis (upps said allies earlier) in the vanilla 1939 campaign. Poland was knocked out in rd 1 and Foochow was pinged in China. Chinese forces do the samba shuffle and France braces for assault.

Poland knocked out in the first turn, I'd really like to know how you guys do it :eek: It always takes me two turns. Still a long way from the best players.

Poland knocked out in the first turn, I'd really like to know how you guys do it :eek: It always takes me two turns. Still a long way from the best players.

You have to focus your forces on Warsaw- and then enough to knock down another army or so- practice it.

January 1940- Paris should fall by next turn-Italy enters war. Pounded my armor to strength 1. He tries to bait the italian navy with throw away French naval forces. Nanning is pinged by carriers, fighter and land units.

Aug 4 1940 London falls! Surprise-surprise. It will cost me for Barbarossa for sure. Wanted to try this strategy since he was very active with his navy in the med. Still stalled in China. German cruiser sunk. Unit defending London bombed out of existence.

Aug 1940- Bristish navy catches an amphib- RN battleship sunk. No progress in china. indochina was conquered turn earlier. His HQ caught outside manchester. Units headed towards it. The drawback of his active RN strategy, but I executed the invasion sloppy.

Dec 22 1940- Hitler invades Spain- Spanish cruiser and army killed. UK mainland cleared. Nanning and Chengchow fell to the Japanese with the help of carriers and tac bombers. Now the Chinese are in trouble. Hungary and Romania joined earlier. UK not being agressive towards Tobruk and I am assuming if he is adopting defensive stance after fathoming Hitler's ingenious strategy. Churchill seen paddling a canoe all the way back to Canada he-he. However, big question will Germany be prepared for Barabarossa? Will Japan be ready for the US entry?

Axis definitely has the advantage- but his Barbarossa will be weak. Japan is spending a lot of MPPs to subdue China. Maybe with the US help- UK can re-invade but it must make an all out stand in the mideast -naval and ground. Another strategy is to just fall back and wait for the US to pick up steam. UK would conserve units until ready to pounce back. But the drawback is that the axis would run amuck in the mideast-africa and invade India from the west to link with the Japanese. Clear advantage for axis for sure but the game is still far from over. I think Uk got carried away with it's med naval adventures and left the UK exposed to invasion after the fall of France. UK cant afford losing their biggest carrier. They need it badly for d-day and bombing. Germany now has more of a free hand. This game is great though with the different strategies. Alex does concentrate his forces well for counter-attack.

January 41 - Madrid defender knocked to 4-Chengchow defender knocked to 2, Malta pounded.