Air Units and Recon

I've been playing a few games with the 1940 rule set mainly 20/30% land. It seems to me that the AI does not use its Air units To "spy out the Land/sea", only attacking my units when "spotted " by one of its own land/sea unit or City. Its air units also do not try and re-establish a lost contact. It seems to realize the value of bombers because it builds enough of them, but as an example I was able to sail a carrier with two tactical bombers and destroy (over a few turns} eight enemy bombers sitting in a city without any of them attacking my carrier presumably because it was not "spotted".

David

I've been playing a few games with the 1940 rule set mainly 20/30% land. It seems to me that the AI does not use its Air units To "spy out the Land/sea", only attacking my units when "spotted " by one of its own land/sea unit or City. Its air units also do not try and re-establish a lost contact. It seems to realize the value of bombers because it builds enough of them, but as an example I was able to sail a carrier with two tactical bombers and destroy (over a few turns} eight enemy bombers sitting in a city without any of them attacking my carrier presumably because it was not "spotted".

David

Ok. Will dig into it.

Brit, Great!

I have to tell you that the AI is already quiet challenging, its just that if I know that the AI will never follow a tactic that is (was) accepted practice then the game ends up being more of a game and less of (WW2 era) simulation. While EoS is not as detailed as say "Harpoon" (Good thing to, as IMHO the later Harpoons were detailed to the point of unplayability) it does a pretty good job of being a convincing sim that can be played through in one (long) evening. The ability to tweak the unit specs makes balancing and adding new units a "game in its self. I hope that you will add the option of user added unit graphics.....

David