Warning!!! do not install patch v1.01

Sorry about this as I found the issue. Not sure how this slipped through the cracks but it looks like the updated Editor was not included with the latest patch.

For now once you've applied the patch and if you want the latest Editor you can download it from here and I'll send it to Battlefront as well so we can have it available as an official hotfix as soon as possible:

http://www.furysoftware.com/download/Editor-WWII_Global_Conflict.zip

Once you download it simply decompress it and place it in your Global Conflict installation directory and it should work as expected.

I had the same problem with the editor, but I'm able to open it now with the fix, but I'm confused...I save a mod as a test, but I can't find it's folder now. It's not in the campaign folder, and when I open it from the editor or the game, there is a litte lock symbol. Does anyone know where my folder ran to?

thanks

Hi Mabus77,

Sounds like you are probably running Vista/Windows 7. If this is the case these operating systems are a bit picky with how they treat files created within the Program Files folder.

What you will have to look for is a button in your installation directory in the top right corner called 'Compatibility Files'. If you click on this it will take you to the virtual folder where these files are stored.

Here is a link with more info on what Windows is doing and why:

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/VistasShowCompatibilityFilesAndTheScrumptiousWonderThatIsFileVirtualization.aspx

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Restarting the game with 1.01, it seems that overwriting old file names does not seem to save turns, or so says my opponent. i made 2 copies of my first turn, which I usually do to expedite new games, and it seems neither file either saved properly or will open as he claims to have an error showing. Is it him? I don't know. Is there anything anyone can tell me that may shed light on why this is happening(before i move again)?

Hello Hubert,

The link to the editor which should work for patch 1.01 AND Windows7 is not working. I get the reply: The requested URL was not found on this server

Does this mean a new patch will come out with the correct new editor files or is this just a temporary glitch?

Thanks for your reply/fix.

Regards,

Dirk

Sorry about this as I found the issue. Not sure how this slipped through the cracks but it looks like the updated Editor was not included with the latest patch.

For now once you've applied the patch and if you want the latest Editor you can download it from here and I'll send it to Battlefront as well so we can have it available as an official hotfix as soon as possible:

http://www.furysoftware.com/download/Editor-WWII_Global_Conflict.zip

Once you download it simply decompress it and place it in your Global Conflict installation directory and it should work as expected.