Just a few quick notes on the patch and a reminder that due to the number of changes, previously saved games will NOT be compatible.

For those that are playing the larger map campaign mods such as Al's or Nupremal's, the scrolling speed issues have been resolved and they should be perfectly playable after applying the patch much like the other standard campaigns are playable.

You will also notice a change in the information bar at the top of the game screen during attacks, i.e. when you place your target cursor over an enemy unit, in that it will now show a breakdown of the combat target values on top of the regular expected attacker and defender losses etc.

It should show the current attack and defend target values that will apply as well as any bonuses or subtractions based on common research levels. It may also hide the common research level subtractions if the unit is hidden under Fog of War.

This should be helpful to players so that they better understand the eventual expected losses.

The patch is of course downloadable from here:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=255&Itemid=401

Enjoy!

Hubert

Hello gentlemen,

Here is masterclaude. Has anyone encountered problems launching the Editor with the new patch? I reinstalled the game under version 1.0 and it works perfectly but, despite multiple attempts with low security settings, patch 1.1 seems to block the Editor although the game itself launches as usual.

Any suggestion would be welcome!

Very happy though, we can play big mods on the fast track! Thanks for this fantastic add-on!

masterclaude

I run WinXP, and i have no problems to start the Game-Editor.

Gentlemen, i would like to suggest that you offer some more data to your recent and unfortunate problem.

I'm sure that Hubert will look into it pretty soon.

I run WinXP, and i have no problems to start the Game-Editor.

Gentlemen, i would like to suggest that you offer some more data to your recent and unfortunate problem.

I'm sure that Hubert will look into it pretty soon.

Sounds fair. I have Windows 7. pre v1.o1 editor worked fine. After v1.01 not so fine. i.e it work work.

Is this the same Bo that is over on matrix games? If so hello from Mark Clark.

Hello Mark how are you, I am not too popular over there in the last 4 months because of the gigantic farce being shoved down everyones throat, we wont mention what the farce is right Mark, :confused: I try not to post there because my attitude stinks on certain issues, :rolleyes: over here they know what there doing and the SC series shows it, glad to see you here.

Bo

I'm afraid we do have a problem here folks.

I tried to start the game editor, the mouse turns into an hourglass for a few seconds as if searching, then nothing happens.

I also have Windows XP with Service Pack 3, a Dell Pentium D 2.8 Ghz with 2 Giigs RAM. I think there is a problem here, Hubert. :(

:eek:

In my case the system needed some seconds, but then i got asked to choose the resolution i want to use (in a small window).

When i had chosen, the editor loaded.

:confused::):confused:

I tried again (seconds ago), and now the editor waited about 3 or 5 seconds, but then it started without any further quesitons, problems or delay.

After reading about what xwormwood had to say I went back and tried run the editor again. If I click on the icon, nothing happens. Then I went with run as admin. and it said "would you like to run from an unkown publisher"? I hope this helps.

Sorry about this as I found the issue. Not sure how this slipped through the cracks but it looks like the updated Editor was not included with the latest patch.

For now once you've applied the patch and if you want the latest Editor you can download it from here and I'll send it to Battlefront as well so we can have it available as an official hotfix as soon as possible:

http://www.furysoftware.com/download/Editor-WWII_Global_Conflict.zip

Once you download it simply decompress it and place it in your Global Conflict installation directory and it should work as expected.

Hello Mark how are you, I am not too popular over there in the last 4 months because of the gigantic farce being shoved down everyones throat, we wont mention what the farce is right Mark, :confused: I try not to post there because my attitude stinks on certain issues, :rolleyes: over here they know what there doing and the SC series shows it, glad to see you here.

Bo

Your attitude, my attitude ...it's life being adrift at sea for 5 ...plus years on a lifeboat like that Alfred Hitchcock movie; everyone slowly losing it in one way or another. And to think all that time Battleground was dialing in my rescue. Grats. I am macgregor btw.