How to remove protective mask carriers ?

Via the alpha channel, you can make it completely transparent.

Quick tutorial

http://www.axialis.com/tutorials/tutorial-misc001.html

Feel free to post any questions you have or if you don't feel comfortable enough with photoshop to tackle this mod yourself. I personally am a bit too busy at the moment to make the mod, but maybe another modder might take up this project.

Feel free to pop open my USMC mod to look at how I removed them or any of the other mods that remove it, it might make it a bit clearer to see it "in action".

• 2 weeks later...

There are some mods from Scott Harrison for the US-Army that remove the protective mask carriers. But you alway see a few nasty black lines on every soldier on the same position like the protective mask carriers, that brakes it for me.

Is ist not possible to remove them without still having such black lines at the same position ?

There are some mods from Scott Harrison for the US-Army that remove the protective mask carriers. But you alway see a few nasty black lines on every soldier on the same position like the protective mask carriers, that brakes it for me.

Is ist not possible to remove them without still having such black lines at the same position ?

I think that may be a graphic card issue. I noticed at lower settings the lines are more visible. You could try switching the MOLLE textures as described HERE. Good luck.

I think that may be a graphic card issue. I noticed at lower settings the lines are more visible. You could try switching the MOLLE textures as described HERE. Good luck.

You cannot "swap" the MOLLE texture, you could however use the Syrian SF model and retexture it.

The dark lines tend to be there from imprecise drawing of the alpha channel. If you miss a bit around the edges when drawing it in (VERY easy to do), you get those edges showing up. Some of it *may* be lighting, but I'm not sure about that. The alpha channel is probably the only issue there. It's tricky to get right, make the alpha area too big and you'll accidentally get transparency on other parts of the texture. It's just coloring inside the lines from hell....

I play with highest setting possible (Best/Best/AA/V-Sync) so i think it is not a graphic card issue.

@Ryujin

I really tryed to understand the alpha channel, but still have no clue how i can remove the Protection Mask Carriers (they are at the MOLLE .bpm ?). I use Paint.NET by the way.

Come on, give me some mod ! ;):D

• 5 months later...
Ryujin,

I downloaded this mod but I don't know what to do with the file. How do I get this to work and will it work with the multi-cam mod?

Thanks

You open it with winrar and put the contents in the Combat mission shock force\data\z folder. As longleftflank said, you can get a free version of it.

No, unfortunately it will not work the multicam or other texture modifications, the gas mask bag is part of the overall gear texture, so it comes with ACU pouches. Although if you mixed it with ACU mod, it'd look ok.

• 6 years later...