Can't get multi-player to work on demo.

StellarRat

My friend and I couldn't get past the start up. They was no button to start the game when we were both in. Opened the specified ports. Massive lag on Team Speak too. Worked fine when game was not running. Think game is good, but are looking for a good multi-player game. Can't buy unless convinced multi-player will work. I'm running win 7 64 home. He is running XP 32 home sp 3. I was hosting. Had latest demo update on both machines.

Did you assign him as a player?

eos_multipl05b.jpg

(from one of my saved multiplayer games, your screen will of course look different)

There should be an Accept button at the bottom of the screen:

eos_multipl06.jpg

NB! All players must press this in order to start the game.

I haven't tried multiplayer in the demo, but I can definitly confirm that it works just fine in the full version! :)

I see where we may have failed. I was expecting something to change or light up or tell us to accept the settings. We'll have to try again tomorrow. I think the intutiveness of the multiplayer setup and start could use some work. Also, that doesn't explain why we had massive lag on Team Speak when the game was running. I will how it all works tomorrow.

OK we did multi-player to work last night. However, I think there might be an issue with Win 7 64 internet hosting. My friend was able to host on his old slow XP box, but I was not able to host on my machine. I have the correct ports forwarded on my firewall and do not have issues hosting other games. I ran a netstat on my PC and UDP is listening on 60062. What happens is that I assign my friend as a remote player and we both press Accept Settings but nothing happens. It just sits there. I also had the same horrible comms lag using the built in comms even when he was hosting. It took fully 30 seconds for him to hear what I said. I was able to host a LAN game with two home computers OK. We also tried doing a LAN game using Hamachi VPN no luck there either. I have very fast four processor machine with four gigs of memory and an ATI 4800 series video card so I don't its a speed issue.

OK we did multi-player to work last night. However, I think there might be an issue with Win 7 64 internet hosting. My friend was able to host on his old slow XP box, but I was not able to host on my machine. I have the correct ports forwarded on my firewall and do not have issues hosting other games. I ran a netstat on my PC and UDP is listening on 60062. What happens is that I assign my friend as a remote player and we both press Accept Settings but nothing happens. It just sits there. I also had the same horrible comms lag using the built in comms even when he was hosting. It took fully 30 seconds for him to hear what I said. I was able to host a LAN game with two home computers OK. We also tried doing a LAN game using Hamachi VPN no luck there either. I have very fast four processor machine with four gigs of memory and an ATI 4800 series video card so I don't its a speed issue.

Strange. I don't have a Win7 64bit machine to test on.

Strange. I don't have a Win7 64bit machine to test on.
Yeah, well it could still be my computer. What I really need is for someone other than my friend to try to be the client while I host. If we can play that means it's on his end, if we can't then it's probably something on my side. Doesn't mean your program has a problem, but it could be possible. The comms lag is also really weird. I'm willing to try to host with anyone tomorrow night around 18:00 PDT or later. I also have sometime this weekend if that doesn't work. Maybe it has something to do with multi-core AMD machines. I've seen weird things in older games where you had to set the game to use only one processor.

BTW, this is a great game. My friend and I love the speed you can get through turns in. It's not too simple to be boring, but not so involved that you have spend 15 minutes on each turn. We were able to get a lot of turns in in just a couple hours.

BTW, this is a great game. My friend and I love the speed you can get through turns in. It's not too simple to be boring, but not so involved that you have spend 15 minutes on each turn. We were able to get a lot of turns in in just a couple hours.

Thanks. Always glad to hear when people enjoy it.