Just installed the CMAK VIst patch

Why are you installing the VISTA patch when you are running Windows 7 may I ask?

CMBB and CMAK run fine just as v1.03 with Windows 7.

Your ATI card will give some graphics problems but only in as far as some of the text will look a bit weird. Screen resolution is max at 1200 x ?.

Try deleting your CMAK pref file and try again.

• 3 weeks later...

The original CM series does NOT support widescreen resolutions. There is an occasion exception to this (which I don't fully understand), but typically the games such as CMBB and CMAK will only support certain, discrete 4:3 'standard ratio' screen sizes.

Is your display's native resolution 1280x720 ? If so, then the resolution that will most likely work would be 800x600 (or 832x624 ?). The limiting resolution in this case is the vertical '720'. The '1280' resolutions that the game supports will most likely be 1280x1024 and possibly 1280x960. Below this may be 1152x864 or 1024x768, and above it would be 1600x1200. However the offered resolutions do vary somewhat (the exact reasons for which I'm unsure).

There's no way of getting CMx1 games to run at widescreen resolutions to my knowledge.

• 3 weeks later...

I am running WINXP 32bit, and the Vista patch fixed some graphic artifact issues I was having with my new Radeon HD5850.

The catalyst drivers are currently causing huge issues for me with all CM1 games.

Drivers stop responding with all CM1 titles.

CM2 is getting the out of memory error, not necessarily GPU related.

Only way to get CM1 to run wide screen is to adjust your video scaling options on your GPU, and force the wide screen, with distortion.

• 4 weeks later...

Got this recently from BFC tech support:

1.04 will work for both Windows Vista and Windows 7. For some users, 1.03 will work with Windows Vista and Windows 7.

New purchases of CMBB and CMAK will be 1.04. This version updates some of the DirectX routines in CMBB and CMAK so that they are a bit more compatible with DirectX 10/11 compatible video cards and drivers.

When 1.04 was released Nvidia and ATI/AMD updated some of their drivers to fix the issues that were being seeing by users of DirectX 10 compatible hardware. Other users never saw the problem since their hardware was DirectX 9.0c compatible.

Generally we recommend that people upgrade to 1.04 if they see a problem in Windows Vista and/or Windows 7. Again, it will be a bit dependent on whether they have a newer video card or not and what drivers they have installed. 1.04 won't prevent every possible problem, but it does fix a few and MAY prevent some driver problems in the future (but probably not all).

===

Check out our Knowledge Base at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk