First NATO screenshots are here!

We are planning to release something new on the NATO page on a regular basis.

Next week will probably be some info/images regarding the AT assets. After that probably the Dutch soldiers. I´m still doing some work on them.

-

I went searching for this quote thinking you had said the Dutch Soldiers would be shown the week after the AT assets but now I see you only said after. Now I've ruined my own weekend.

:)

I didn´t mention any specific date because we are still working on a lot of things at the same time and I´m not sure yet what will be done when.

Beginning of next week should see some update in the NATO page comparing the 3 different IFVs.

I´ll have some screens of Dutch soldiers up for sure. I need to check a few more things first though.

Nice to see the new AFV update...but...shouldn't the weight of the pictured up-armored CV9035NL be 38 tons (or 31 without the appliqué armor)? I've also read 8 dismounts for the CV9035NL, but haven't found confirmation.

That's the standard for the CV9035NL, AFAIK. 32 tonnes would be the empty weight though. Add about 3 tonnes for a vehicle ready to fight.

These are both CV9035NL, no?

One with applique armor:

2d9dx04.jpg

One without:

witw0x.jpg

"A German Panzergrenadiergruppe should have 6 soldiers and that is what is stated in the screenshot too..."

And good luck with that. The British seven man squad is bad enough, though maybe the designers will give the German sections a decent ammo load out.

Usually the IFV has more than enough ammo in it.

I also just noticed the Canucks get the nyala (RG-31). Will we see US army/USMC TOE with the RG-31 or will we have to "cannibalize it" from the Candian TOE?

• 2 weeks later...

oh thanks! the Leopards are so evil, I love them :) that L55 is impressing... even thoe a dutch friend thats a Leo 2A6 tanker complained that the extra lenght is at disatvantages in some terrains, like forest and such, they tended to stick the barrel into mud frequently. but considering the terrain of Syria that wouldnt be a problem :)

Looking at all those Leopard variants, the plan that if you do the Germans and the British already done you also have everything for the Dutch and Canadians done as well really doesn't hold true. I can see why the module may be taking longer than expected.

Probably didn't matter too much considering they still share quite a lot of bits.

TBH I could've done without the 2A4s, who have a marginal excuse for being there and aren't all that radically different.

The C2 I'm a lot happier with because it's a whole different beast and has a track record of seeing action. Of course, that one is a whole new tank to model entirely. For a tank that would never be allowed anywhere near a conventional war that's arguably not the best use of a modellers time.

But perhaps we shouldn't complain about being given too much?

I have a question about CV9035 as it's shown in the pictures.

I served as a gunner in CV9030 during my conscription time, and was baffled to see that in the beta pictures, the man sitting on gunner's position is unbuttoned. Now, I don't know if the places have been swapped in 9035 for some reason, but it looked kinda strange to me as if the gunner is unbuttoned, it's impossible to properly control the turret.

Edit: Oh, and also, don't want to nitpick (which I'm going to do), but the gunner's hatch doesn't go all the way down, not atleast in cv9030 :P

Oh, good catch.

The commander is to the left, and he seems to be the one unbuttoned in the 15th screen shot (though it's though to tell for sure)

But why the gunner is out of his hatch in the 14th screenie is not entirely clear to me either.

Though at least in the CV9035NL the commander can control the gun as well.

Though at least in the CV9035NL the commander can control the gun as well.

Oh yeah, it's possible on 9030 aswell, but a lot more difficult as the controls are not as intuitive as it's on gunners seat. Though the plus-side is that the commander can control the turret a bit easier even while unbuttoned, but then he cannot fully function as gunner because the commander's stick doesn't have all the buttons needed for effective gunnery.

I have a question about CV9035 as it's shown in the pictures.

I served as a gunner in CV9030 during my conscription time, and was baffled to see that in the beta pictures, the man sitting on gunner's position is unbuttoned. Now, I don't know if the places have been swapped in 9035 for some reason, but it looked kinda strange to me as if the gunner is unbuttoned, it's impossible to properly control the turret.

Edit: Oh, and also, don't want to nitpick (which I'm going to do), but the gunner's hatch doesn't go all the way down, not atleast in cv9030 :P

I didn't take these screenshots, but I'd venture a wild guess that whoever did unbuttoned the CV specifically for the screenshot.

I'm pretty sure the hatch bit has already been caught and fixed a while ago.