Can't move fighters from US

Hi all.

I've been trolling these forums since I bought this game about a week ago, and I know some of you. It's Mantis, from WHQ/ACG, and hi to all of you, old friends and new!

I've been messing around with the game a bit after work, and I am trying the Allies now in the AoE scenario. The US just joined the war, and after reinforcing/upgrading my fighters etc, I find I can't operationally move them to any of the UK areas, ie: Egypt and area, the UK, etc. I seem to only be able to go to the Philippines, which is mine already, so doesn't prove much...

I understand not being able to enter Jap territory as they might be non-cooperative allies, but I can't understand not being able to enter UK territory. I *must* be missing something as I am certain that building airframes in the US is not a never-see-action death sentence to the units constructed.

Can someone please show me where I'm going wrong here?

Many thanks,

Mantis

(Who has my user name, anyways? :D )

Hi Mantis(s).

Welcome to the BF Forum!

I have made the same experience, but i never thought too much about it.

To get your air units to China / Japan you can op move them first to the Philippines,

and from there you can rebase them to China or a Japanese Island.

This way you don't get the feeling as if they have to stay idle in the USA.

:)

I try to conquer communist China with the USA, this way the USA get a minor in China.

I had no problem with this as i found it much more historical correct to have some slight problems sending air planes around the world as compared to simply rebase them withing 14 days.

The rules, well, i hope that some other jolly fellows will explain them to you, as i never looked too much unter the hood of the SC machine.

Ahh, that sounds like a potential solution! At work now, so I'll have to wait until later to try it out, but I think that might do it.

Many thanks for the quick replies! I'll share more stories and questions with you all as they come up.

Best,

Mantis

Another option is to just land an amphibious force on hostile and, seize a city or two, and you will find soon enough you can "operate" your air units a few at a time to that city(ies). I've done it many times in the past. Otherwise the earlier posted options will suffice. ;)