Will the Vista Patch Fix This?

I recently upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce 9800 GTX from an only ATI 125mb job lol. Ive had vista for ages now and CMx1 used to work fine on my PC but since Ive got the new card I can load CMAK/CMBB fine, i can get into a setup screen ok but then the screen starts to flicker black when i move the camera up and down. And when i get to the turn resolution stage i have to quit the game and i get a message saying the graphics card driver failed and recovered.

So my question is, do i now need the vista patch or is it a more fundamental problem?

I know a lot of people have had similar problems and its probably been answered before but i couldn't find the answer by searching so if anyone knows it'd be a great help.

Cheers

Funny, I just upgraded to an ATI HD 5850 and am also unable to run CM1 without a "graphics driver has stopped working error".

Our video cards are miles apart, but I'm sure it's something to do with each companies newest drivers leaving these old games in the dust.

Sorry I don't have a solution for you, and I have been working on my similar issue for about a month. I will stop hi-jacking your thread now, but will keep an eye on it.

*Edit*

Regarding Vista patch as a sollution, you can try it by downloading the Vista CMAK demo, which will run the same as a Vista patched full version of CMAK, so you can see if it helps.

I am running Win XP 32 bit Pro, and the first graphics issue I had with my new card (artifacts) was surpisingly fixed by installing the Vista patch, even though I am not running Vista, so who knows!

Good luck.