patch?

honk. somebody muttered something about a patch oh say a month ago, with that dern "soon" word attached to it. any news? ive just sort of stopped playing until the major issues get looked at.

anyone doin the same should check out the demo for "achtung panzer: kharkov 1943." similar to this jobby, with an operation layer. UI is pretty archaic but otherwise a really fun game.

• 3 weeks later...

I have not been playing TOW2 for a while as I experienced several serious problems in the campaigns.

Among others:

-scenarios not ending even though all objectives achieved (german campaign)

-reinforcements do not arrive even though they should (german campaign)

-panzer III burning, crew bailed out, but tank is not destroyed and every AT gun wasting all their ammo shooting at the burning but evidently not destroyed tank ignoring the main attack (russian campaign first mission)

-hand to hand combat in trenches absorbing all my infantry against invincible russian soldiers, Hummel intervention kills all of them

-stupid "point system" for artillery which is not a bug but completely unrealistic

I really want to like this game and it has great potential. What I cannot accept is the evident refusal of battlefront and 1C to even discuss the problems that evidently exist.

Having played and owning all the TOW games since the beginning I am also CMSF player. In the CMSF forum their seems to be a different attitude towards the customer. There is something like a dialogue between battlefront and the community and one is informed of the progress made.

In this forum I do not feel neither informed, nor welcome. I hope this will change soon. This game deserves to live and be continued but without a single word of the developers on a patch or their assessment of the situation I must say that I´m pessimistic as to the future.

I'm keen on ToW since it's just a project and I blindly bought every game.

I have been patient and kindly waited for fixes, patches and unofficial mods.

I studied docs and worked hard on Editors.

I used diplomat skills to convince players they didn't bought a crap game.

Now I hear about 1C working on a new ToW-Korea game, although Kursk isn't working at all !?!

Hey, something's wrong...

Then answer with your wallets, as hard as it will be not too, don't buy Korea. (and I'm talking to myself here too, lol).

I'm the same as many others here... buy every single game and module Battlefront releases, then being disappointed. Disappointed because I see the great potential of their products, but then they leave them in buggy states, to work on an add-on or module.

Five plus years ago I declared Battlefront the best developer/publisher, (remember when they released that CMBB strategy guide with all those errors and they replaced them for FREE!), unfortunately they have become one of the worst IMO within the last 2 or 3 years.

Battlefront! Stop what your doing, and fix all your current recently released games! Then I'll continue to buy from you.

Fix... all of the CMSF games/modules, Fix all of the ToW games, and get the developers of PT Boats to fix their crap.

JMO