More ideas

hoolaman

A few things I've been thinking of:

* Have "No resources" able to be saved in the ruleset rather than an optional adjustment to a ruleset.

* An option to have no resources appear in the sea. The food balance on land is a bit different so a land heavy map will see shortage of food. Also it is tactically interesting and kind of realistic to have oceans as transport routes but have no intrinsic value.

* Persistent PBEM games posted and open on the server for anyone to join. I'm not sure of the security implications of this, but it would be the best to use the MP lobby as a place to post and host PBEM games that anyone could join whether the host is online or not.

A few things I've been thinking of:

* Have "No resources" able to be saved in the ruleset rather than an optional adjustment to a ruleset.

* An option to have no resources appear in the sea. The food balance on land is a bit different so a land heavy map will see shortage of food. Also it is tactically interesting and kind of realistic to have oceans as transport routes but have no intrinsic value.

* Persistent PBEM games posted and open on the server for anyone to join. I'm not sure of the security implications of this, but it would be the best to use the MP lobby as a place to post and host PBEM games that anyone could join whether the host is online or not.

(Copying these to my suggestions file.)

About the PBEM games: I've been working on a system to help players to find other players to play against. There really aren't any security problems with allowing anybody to join the game. I just need to set it up so that one player can create the game, upload the data, and other players can come and grab a key to join the game. (The keys are only valid once, so there's never an issue with multiple people trying to join as player N.)