PowerGmbH's World in Flames Mod

A quick fix to the research issue could be to make achieving level 1 have a significantly higher chance than it currently does, say 8% instead of the current 5%. But perhaps leave the higher levels as they are, because level 1 is the most important in tech areas like IW and AT.

I must add that this is just an idea I've just had, and I haven't tested it at all.

I guess my biggest beef with the research system is that the max levels are achieved too early. As far as I'm concerned the max levels should only be achieved in late 44, early 45 so probably a limit of one chit per category would be appropriate. This was done by Nupremal/Vypuero and I thought it worked out pretty well.

It also provided some incentive to try other tech categories and I don't ever remember anyone getting more that a tech level ahead in any category. There is a mechanism for catch up as well as the ability of the players to put a max of 3 chits into any research category. As I was behind in IW also at 1 for the Soviets against 3 for the Germans, I put 3 chits in IW and finally achieved the max level in April of 42 for the Reds. Shortly after that the AT category was maxed, but still no movement there as we approach August with Nazi tanks rampant among the Red Army's ranks.

So......presently......I'm of the opinion that only one chit max is allowed per category at anytime is the most appropriate solution....other than JDF2's scenario which requires a code rewrite.

So......presently......I'm of the opinion that only one chit max is allowed per category at anytime is the most appropriate solution....other than JDF2's scenario which requires a code rewrite.

You rang?

The problem with 1 chit of course is that at low percentages the standard deviation is all over the map (literally). Stories, such as the one someone posted this week, of people not getting a single hit all game long, in something which has had the chit since day 1, are statistically more common than you think. I'd sure like someone to try a single 25% chit system-at an expensive cost (c. 500 MPPs). Thus instead of the lottery, where any chits you toss in the pot are almost an afterthought in a way, tech now becomes a definite investment, and a tradeoff of quality vs. quantity. So, Germany, you have level 3 tanks going into June '41: too bad you can only buy 3 of them. This is what the late Kuni did in his Barbarossa scenario (his were even more expensive at 1,000 a shot).

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Am I missing something? this looked interesting, but I can't make it work. which version of the game is this for, and why are some of the AI files missing in it? clearly there is something else to download or add on to it, but the documentation here and where i dl'd it is scant.

Help!

Crispy,

Download 7zip it is a zip program that does several forms of compression. Another one you might try is tugzip - it also does several types of compression. I believe both of these can be found at filehippo.com and are free to download and use.

Great for swapping files across the pond!