[Mein Legend] SC-GC, the Rise of Rambo VI

On the flip side, I do what I do. I can't help being smart.

Rambo, do you need recognition or what? We could take up a collection and get a bumper sticker for your mom & dad's minivan:

OUR CHILD IS THE STRATEGIC COMMAND WORLD CHAMPION

I mean, we don't want to stifle your self-esteem or anything. That's against the law in the USA nowadays. ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legend's rap sheet. I'm like Tiger Woods, can't be beat in the game, so they come after the Camp in a different manner.

02/09/2009 Trolling (infraction 5 pts)

10/20/2009 Inappropriate Language (warning)

12/21/2009 Posted Commercial Links (infraction 1-point)

12/21/2009 Spammer (infraction 1-point)

01/09/2009 Inapproapriate Language (warning)

01/18/2010 Baiter (infraction 1-point)

01/18/2010 Axe Grinder (infraction 1-point)

04/22/2010 Insulted Other Member(s) (warning)

04/22/2010 Axe Grinder (infraction 1-point)

John,

Battlefront has a new system in place for the forums that allow us to flag posts and assign and award infraction points and/or warnings. Once you reach 5 points it is an automatic ban... so for both Kuniworth and Rambo it was not just a single post that got them banned but rather a series of posts and infractions.

What I see on my end, which I don't think is available outside of administrators, is a series of red cards for each post that garnered an infraction and if you look at the history of their recent posts it is probably not too hard to guess which ones received infractions. These can range from spamming, trolling, axe grinding, insulting other members, provocations and so on.

Both of these members have been repeatedly warned in the past and while some threads may devolve into acceptable tongue and cheek or a few off topic discussions there is always some context from where this begins.

In this case, regarding Kuniworth, spamming almost every other thread without any context other than to amuse himself about who is not into necrophilia and/or who is not a Nazi I simply don't have the time for as these are forums for people who have paid for and play the game. It is also for potential customers who may be interested in the game and not some juvenile playground for posters that can have their fun elsewhere.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

What is strange is that when he is NOT on the forum he is a very reasonable and nice guy. I also think you guys are a bit too sensitive but that is your choice.

Perhaps but there is a long history with those that have been recently banned and years of warnings and various forms of accommodations but some just don't get the message and in other words the final decision was not made on the recent behavior alone.

That being said, when you also mention that the behavior seems to only occur on this forum, then I think it is safe to say we made the right decision because that simply shows a complete lack of respect.

Those who behave like this repeatedly, no matter how often I ask them to tone it down, can simply go else where and are no longer welcome. Simple as that.

What is strange is that when he is NOT on the forum he is a very reasonable and nice guy.

Of course it is exactly his behavior ON THIS forum that is the issue. (By the way, this is not the only online forum from which Rambo has been repeatedly banned for the same kind of behavior.)

I think that Hubert has acted quite correctly, in this instance, in respecting the raison d'etre for this forum, and the reason that we are all here.

Rambo I was reading earlier where you say you cant loose with the Germans.Ill bet I know one player who can defeat you.If your German air attack is un-stopable as you say then whynot try winning with a different strategy?See if there are multiple ways you can win with Germany.I would think it might get a little boring just trying the samething over & over again?

As far as your overall posting go,I like them.You can get a little carried away as im sure we all have but hey im sure you mean no harm.You seem to like to tell it how it is.Imho there is nothing wrong with that.

Well .....for Rambo, IMO, he's right about the Axis in the original campaign, it's just like it was in SC1 because the game is in the USSR and the Germans can't be stopped.

Been through this before, anybody remember "arby", "RB", Russ Bensing and I had a PBEM that illustrated exactly this point in SC1. The Germans, with the uber TAC, the accumulated experience from early campaigns and the jump in tech, are 90% of the time unstoppable. Only when that rare occurrence happens, when research evades them, does the score even up and the Allies have a chance. Same in Axis of Evil, the Axis take over the entire Eastern Hemisphere, only fun is taking it to the Allies.

I keep saying it, time and again, we need the anti-air feature I've laid out.

Rambo....we...are now on same page.:)

Not convinced Axis have it all their own way against an equal opponent.

I agree Axis air is deadly in Russia (we need double strike fighters) but its up to the Allies to provide counter pressure elsewhere and thats easier in GC. In the games I'm playing the UK gets very powerful thanks to colonial MPP and extra scripted units with the ability to concentrate a lot of carriers unless Axis really triumphs in the Atlantic. Given carriers with at least 1 level of long range air and acceptance of lend lease destroyers thats not so easy.

The larger number of diplomacy chits in GC let the West bring in allies and mess with Axis convoys and potential allies so I think as Axis there will be more pressure and this will be applied faster to occupied Europe.

Of course if Rambo was around the place this proposition could be tested ;-)

A good Axis player can only countered by a good Allied player but thats always been the case.

Send him an email, I'm sure he will delight in showing you how its done!

If Germany keeps all the Kriegsmarine in Baltic until the subs are teched to 3 and the USSR is neutralized in 42, with the TAC at LR, experience and NW, seems like the RN won't be around long.

I'd like to hope I'm wrong, but my games have concluded differently.

hmmm - 2x strike fighters is an interesting idea. That would mean you really need full air superiority to get the bombers through. I like the idea - I am going to try it. I will also therefore reduce their strength vs. other targets (ground and naval attacks) so they are not as good at those types of attacks.