Ev'rything's gonna be alright

Ev'rything's gonna be alright

So legend, no cry

No, no, legend,

No, legend, no cry

Oh, my little beeotches, don't shed no lies

No, legend, no cry

===========================

During my 6th banishment, I've written,"Mein Legend". Had a tournament in Boise.

1) Map too big. Don't need South America, Africa, nobody cares. Germans shouldn't land in North Africa in the first place. (except SC-1, when the MedFront can become their personal pond).

2) Map in Russia too small. The whole games comes down to Russia, that is the action, yet the map isn't upto Legend standards or snuff.

3) AirPower are like the angels of God, unstoppable. Russia is toast.

4) Games take FOREVER. It takes a prison sentence to be able to play this puppy. I recommend Moon, Steve, & Hubert market this game to Folsom & San Quentin.

After plenty of game testing during my banishment, and like I stated in SC-1:

I WILL NEVER LOSE AS THE GERMANS

-No Legend, No Cry

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazingly sad to see people who can't seem to learn from experience...

@JohnThe2ndFool --- Mein Legend 3:16 Experience tells me I can mop & bulldozer your Allied strategy & units into the pit of Hell. Speaking of John's, where is Jersey? Did he bother to buy the game & ever play it? After serving my 6th banishment penalty, I'm fresh, ready & better than ever.

I also refuse to play any player who does not have a receipt for the game. Too many pirates out there.

-No legend, no cry.

7200+ posts can't be wrong, I'm only right.

I'm the best SC-GC player in the world. Nobody can beat me. I'm only interested in high profile matches. Not wasting my time for those who will not meet me face-2-face on Center Court, complete with AAR. No hiding. No rats. No tattletales. Nobody has been crying, because 'No Legend, No Cry' !!!

JJR,

7200 posts IS impressive, but 6 banishments say otherwise. ;)

I didn't post all my trophies, victories, accomplishments, & winning record, I like to be humble. Being banned is not such a bad thing, considering the reasons....the root of all, which is jealousy.

-No Legend, No Cry

Are you sure Axis is unbeatable - think its hard for Axis to interfere with the colonies and maintain focus, the ability of US to decide where to commit vast resources is a plus and the greater number of diplomatic chits favours the Allies?

Agree shift to airpower though - especially with wold-wide operational movement.

Don't find time per turn too bad though. Compared to Nupremal's excellent efforts find gameplay quite easy and simplicity of the map frees your mind to think strategically.

I always step up for the big AAR Center Court, my A-game. I get tired of beating ppl with the standard power of the axis. Guys, I will never lose as the Germans, the tactical air power cannot be stopped by the CReds, better get a patch. The dummies that play test have never gotten it right. Then after banning me for saying such things, you all will make a patch or change the mod. Hello, this has happenned on every version of SC, I've always been right, when will believe?

Repeat, I will never lose SC-Global as the Germans, I have cracked the game with unbeatable stratwgy, just like the others.

I'm sure my jealous enemies will complain to the moderators because of my factual claims as will the sorry playtesters.

I'm the best & smartest in the world. Will never lose as the Buntas, live with it.

I must say that is a good question.

There seems to have been a number of issues that (at least in IMHO) should have been spotted before game release using more competitive play conditions. A few bugs seemed early enough in the campaigns that should have been spotted quickly, but were not. Playtesters, how can this be so?

:confused:

You know...I've played Rambo and I trust his judgement on this. The only P vs P game I had with the standard 39 game my opponent surrendered in 43 because I did have Leningrad and Moscow with Stalingrad about to fall, in essence my nazis were unstoppable.

Playtesters, how can this be so?

I cannot speak for the other playtesters who developed and tested the default GC campaigns, but I will offer a response from my perspective. It's difficult enough to keep up with game code and editor changes during alpha and beta testing, trying to verify the game itself works. Then there's the challenge of trying to verify campaign setups and scripting all work. And at some point Hubert and Battlefront decide things are good enough to go gold, not perfect but good enough.

What gets missed in this game and practically all new wargames is a thorough workout of all strategies, in all the campaigns, for complete games start to finish. It's difficult enough to get basic historical strategies to work in some cases, much less try to cover all of the various aggressive ahistorical (gamey?) strategies. Who has time? Post-release, as play balance weaknesses arise, patches invariably make tweaks and adjustments to help make the game more challenging and balanced, and the v1.01 patch for GC will do this too. It's just a game fellas.

Hubert shoots for a happy medium of challenge for most players, and that's worked well for the series. It's obviously not challenging enough for a few. Too bad. Make your own challenging mod, a tournament level campaign, whatever? But to thump your own chest about being the world champion for Chutes & Ladders or any other game, how juvenile! So what? Get a life.

I'll simply reiterate what pzgndr has already said, as I really cannot say it better myself, in that no matter how much you test, a handful of testers will never find all the issues in the game that the player community will find after release.

That being said I think we've done a pretty good job in producing a solid release with no show stopping bugs and a more than playable set of campaigns. Are they perfect? Are there a few issues that should have been caught? Sure, but we are also human at the same time.

Frankly I enjoy being a part of the public balancing of a gameplay. As far as I'm concerned Hubert and the Betas do a great job making sure the mechanics work well enough for us to test the balance, that's as far as I see their responsibility.

I'll take it from here! Believe me.....I know how much time it takes to properly balance a scenario, its a huge investment with very little reward, but if we all share it, then its not so bad.:cool:

Hey, I got no beef with anybody. Playtesters do what they do. On the flip side, I do what I do. I can't help being smart. I recognized at an early age my superior intelligence given by my Creator.

In previous games I've released my strategy. But someone always tattletales me out(Lucky Zebra, Scotty, Jersey).

This time I will hold back my tongue until I get the proper tournament situation. I'm a gloryhound like general Custer, so don't take it personal if you abilities lack compared to the Legend.

Yes it is just a game & not a cure for cancer

-No Legend, No Cry

Frankly I enjoy being a part of the public balancing of a gameplay. As far as I'm concerned Hubert and the Betas do a great job making sure the mechanics work well enough for us to test the balance, that's as far as I see their responsibility.

I'll take it from here! Believe me.....I know how much time it takes to properly balance a scenario, its a huge investment with very little reward, but if we all share it, then its not so bad.:cool:

Thanks SeaMonkey and just to confirm we did heavily play test this one for balance. As mentioned previously this was probably the most play tested release to date... so despite what one individual might feel is an imbalanced game I'd certainly argue the opposite.

Now, that being said, is it possible we missed something? Or is it possible that there is a game mechanic or rule that could be taken advantage of that can produce consistent victory for one side or another? Perhaps and if that is the case we are always more than happy to try and narrow the gap and make adjustments as necessary.

That being said I think we've done a pretty good job in producing a solid release with no show stopping bugs and a more than playable set of campaigns. .

I have issues/opinions with supply and movement, but they pale in comparison to bugs. Especially the kind that cause a game to CRASH! I have never had one of Hubert's games crash. Never. And that, at least to me, is certainly something to praise Hubert and company for. I can't say that about any other game publisher.

The other stuff eventually gets ironed out.

Unreal, I received a warning today for "insulting" others by Hubert. I've posted a few things and I'm close to be banned again.

It truly is: No Legend, No Cry.

Well as I said, Rambo is not all that bad. As I said I would defend him against anybody accusing him of beeing a necrophilia!

So If anyone plan to spread any rumours I will be upp there on the baarricade.

I would also like to stress that Hubert Cater is not a nazi.

>>>>>>>>>getting things right, doing my job