Things about The Peng Challenge Thread that I'll love to see in CMx2 WWII

Tomorrow is my birthday, all well wishes and money..preferably money, may be sent via electronic mail.
Do you take PayPay?

Regardless, many happy returns ... I know how you enjoy going to stores and attempting to return items you've bought years before.

Joe

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you take PayPay?

Regardless, many happy returns ... I know how you enjoy going to stores and attempting to return items you've bought years before.

Joe

I'll take anything that can be later converted to either legal tender or some type of barter item...like skunk hides. I know that's what YOU were thinking of eh Joe?

Boo me old friend. You know how it is. Tonight, lad. Tonight, I am...sad.

I am listening to sad songs, and wondering about what I could have been, rather than what I am.

Had I known that, I would have called you to make jolly conversation instead of staying up till 2 AM watching repeats of Malcolm in the Middle.

So, a very brief Tale of Small Fiends, for Persephone.

The other night, you know, I was on the phone with my friend Jen, the Mother of Small Fiends. And while we were talking, she began to chuckle, suddenly. And in the background, I could hear a small voice shouting.

So, I asked her 'What's going on?'

And she told me: 'Well, Nora is in the bathroom, and she's trying to poop. And she just started shouting 'Release the Kraken!'

I laughed so goddamn hard that beer came out my nose. It's good to give the sinuses a good rinse like that, occasionally.

And a couple of nights ago, I got invited to go out to dinner with Nora and Emma and their parents, and we went to a really good restaurant in the Mall of America. As we drove there, we were on Cedar Avenue (I can't be bothered to know the new designation, but it's not Cedar anymore, but it's out where I grew up), and I told my Small Friends: 'Do you know, if we stayed on this road, and went across the river, we'd come to my Mom's house'.

And Emma said 'and we could go swimming in the swimming pool?' Kids never forgot what you tell them, unless it's important. And I said 'Yes, Emma, and this summer I promise you we will go out there and swim in the pool!'

Nora said 'Grandma Steve, do you live with your Mommy?' So I had to tell her, 'No, honey.'

And she asked 'Why not?

I thought about it for a second, and told her 'Well, honey, because I'm grown up now, and my Mom lives with her husband, and because she's met me.'

This got blank looks, so I added 'And because I live in south Minneapolis now, so I can be closer to you and Emma'.

This was, beyond all belief, met with child cheers and acclaim. They were actually happy that I was living nearer to them, and accepted this as a reason as to why I didn't live with my family.

And, when we were at dinner that night, Emma took up her new topic: 'Why are you Grandma Steve? You're a boy. Why aren't you Grandpa Steve?'

So I told her, 'Well, honey, I'm not your Grandpa. You already have Grandpas, and I'm not them.' Sbe said 'Yes, but why are you Grandma Steve?'

So I told her the story: 'Honey, years ago, when you were very small and I barely knew you, your Mom was talking to me on the phone, and she said 'Oh, Emma, it's Grandma Steve', because she'd just been talking to your Grandma Nelson on the phone, and she made a mistake. And your Dad heard it, and started to laugh, and your Mom started to laugh, and I said to her 'That's going to stick, isn't it?', and it did. Your already have an Uncle Steve, and an 'Auntie Steve' (Jen's gay friend), so I had to either be 'Grandma Steve', or 'Grampa Steve', but I'm not really your Grampa. So I'm your Grandma Steve.'

She's still pondering this. I think, eventually, she will come to grips with it. And I will remain 'Grandma Steve'.

As the gods intended.

Great story Grandma Steve!

Thanks!

In my continuing effort to spread cheer wherever I go, I'd like to comment that in my game against OGSF, I am pummeling him unmercifully, routing and capturing his troops in every encounter (Except for the ones I just kill outright) and effortlessly destroying his armor.

It is good.

Costard has spent the entire game slapping at me with his masses of Panthers and assault guns, but I was able to get reverse slope positions by beating feet to the VFs at the start of the game and am still in control of them, except for a small one in the middle of the map that I decided wasn't worth the effort. It is now turn 50 of a 50+ turn game and he's just thinking that now would be the time for a gamey flag rush.

Timing is everything. Too bad he doesn't have it.

It is good.

Practically the same thing has happened in my game against Noba. I got the the VF's long before he did and assumed a reverse slope defense. In the meantime, he's parked about 18 dozen Panthers and assault guns on tops of hills and is shooting everything in sight.

Unfortunately for him, there's not much in sight. He's only really tried to rush one flag, but he didn't realize it was being held by a company, three Stuarts and a 50 cal. mg.

Chewed him up and spat him out, Patooey!

It is good.

Stikkypixie thought he was faced by either a Universal Carrier or a Bren Carrier.

Then he found out it was a Scorpion.

WHAT A BURN!!!

It is good.

dalem, Peng and Nidan have started games with me recently and so it's too early to tell just how much I will beat them by.

dalem, Peng and Nidan have started games with me recently and so it's too early to tell just how much I will beat them by.

I still have not replaced my video card, but I would imagine that Sunday will be the appropriate day for that. So I should be able to resume on Sunday.

Hey ... I'm getting an Ipad FOR FREE ...

How do you do Joe

Ok, I am in a good mood so may I tell you a thing? I am a sales representative manager target in Chico. As a rep, I'm given permission to offer out 8 giifts laptops per week as "returns" to frequent customers. We just received the brand-new Apple iPad! {Secret Link for ME only ... nayh, nyah, nyah}

Actually, no one has claimed theirs yet for the month (I don't believe they really think we do this :P) so if you claim one before the night shift ends, I'll be pleased to send it to you .

Waldo Montpetit,

Sales agent supervisor

7710 e. brainerd rd.,Chico

Sure looks legit to me ... he's a sales representative manager target so he must know.

Joe

So Costard sends a setup which I duly return...that was a month ago...clearly he still writhes in the grip of my superior setup.

The one that you ran through the editor and increased your forces by six batteries of artillery and a company of tanks? Yeah, I can see why that might be troubling him.

Michael

So Costard sends a setup which I duly return...that was a month ago...clearly he still writhes in the grip of my superior setup.

This might possibly be true. Stuka, I would beg you to resend your superior setup that my paltry email junk your missive, again. (truly, I saw not hide nor hair of the bloody thing).

Meanwhile, Boo was blessed with the sort of map that I have only ever dreamed of: covered approaches to superbly defensible positions. A flag rush has never been in it - at least I shan't be chewed up and ptooied. By Boo no less. bad image! bad image! quick, get it away from meeee!

Stuka, I would beg you

Now THIS is the type of toadying, forelock-tugging, knee bending, belly scraping, boot-licking kind of RESPECT I expect from the lower life forms! THIS will earn the lad a resend of my setup file because, and purely because he has shown the deference, the 'i'm not worthy Sir, please may I have another' RESPECT that a Seniour Kniiigget (and some might say Olde One) of the Peng Challenge Thread is entitled too!

Emry's you would do well to be taking notes at this point although I will forgive you on that point given your level of retardation, your illiteracy, your lack of opposing thumbs and the fact you have eaten all the crayons anyway.

I've been to Chico. I've bought liquor in Chico.

Of course you did. You are dalem, after all.

And you, sir, are no Chico.

Don't be too hasty. Consider: a small, dusty town in the middle of an arid region. Doesn't that sound an awful (and I do mean 'awful') lot like our Justicar? I can easily imagine a lonely tumbleweed blowing down one of his empty streets. The shutter of an empty house banging in the wind. The sense of nothing of note happening there ever.

I think the match up is well-nigh perfect.

Michael