Things about The Peng Challenge Thread that I'll love to see in CMx2 WWII

And that's all? How odd ... I would have bet that there were a multiude of voices ... most of them cursing at kids to get off the lawn of course but the odd one or two whispering that he had to kill them ALL right NOW.

Joe

Joe, really. Would I curse children? Would I shout at children?

It's like the last few years, you've been reading the first line of my stories, and then assuming that the rest is all in praise of you. Which is sharp practice, even for a Justicar.

There are, in fact, a 'multitude of voices', Oh Shaw. But they sing.

Some better than others. I haven't got everyone's name worked out yet, but for sure the one named 'Hunter' has a deep, but somewhat gravelly bass, and the one named 'Wee Willy' is squeaky and off-key. The rest fall somewhere in-between. I'm trying to get them organized, but there's a lot of coming and going.

It's a stone bitch trying to play choir director to the voices in your head.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not mock me...for I am drinking...and I may be left with no option other than to go to the whoopass can closet...and open one of them.

You know, I can actually parse this to get the intended meaning, but it still strikes me that Stuka should simply have quietly passed out, possibly to aspirate just enough vomit to awaken him, rather than kill him, lungs burning, staggering off to kneel in the bathroom under the bright fluorescents; coughing, coughing, clearing his throat over and over, sweat beading his forehead, eyes tearing from the pain, trying to clear the stomach acid from his lungs...

Go to the whoopass can closet

And open one of them

Can? Closet? Open?

In the bright bathroom, all is pain...

We didn't. And we didn't like your past Steve either. However, there's still hope for the future.

How come neither you nor Peng sends me erotic pictures anymore? Actually, that was mostly Peng. Come to think of it, that was just Peng...

What the hell?! How come Peng used to send me erotic pictures?! What is wrong with this place?

I appreciate the well wishes of those who posted in acknowledgment of my birthday. Even Emrys's, which seemed to lack...a certain something. 'Good wishes', perhaps.

It's hard, you know, getting old. Watching your friends taken off by death, one by one. Leaving you alone, and feeling incredibly smug.

I figure the paucity of 'Happy Birthday Wishes' was due to the fact that most of you shower of useless bastards were so completely, fecking insensibly drunk in celebration of my birthday that you ended up in Detox. Or that you had died in the last year. That last thought left me with a warm feeling.

The Ladies of the 'Pool, of course, were out dancing and drinking champagne that night.

Of course, it was also 'Mother's Day'. Appropriate.

I preferred my haiku...'look-ya', while not a word in and of itself was cute.

The bit about Emry's envying me, well...let's not let the cat out of the bag hey? It's Emry's suppossed 'secret' so let's not embarrass the lad any more than he manages to do himself.

By the way, it's saturday afternoon...a good time for beer eh wot?

NIDAN! Nidan? I think we all agree that there needs to never be another posting of the guy in the Tron suit. For any reason. Okay?

Well I think until Dalem stops wearing it to 'pop down to the shops' we all need to be aware of the dangers that lurk in geeky Sci-Fi land.

I just read over 20 pages of crap. You guys are still at it, yet no one says anything new. Obviously not any humor left, either.

I think I'd rather pass another kidney stone than to have to go through all that tired old drivel again.

Adrenal.........

Careful with those fullstops there Patchy, you know how 'funny' Joe gets about them.

"shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out"

I'll have to see how the drinking goes tonight... The LBVS is out so I have a choice between watching last week's episode of 'The Pacific' again, continuing to read 'Sniper on the Eastern Front', watching last weekend's Las Vegas Supercross, updating a project budget for work or sending you a setup.

You may figure just above the budget work but other than that, it's not looking too good for you sparky.