(Mod) WWWIII Even Start

This is the only really new scenario as I see it. The rest are all WW2 whatiffs, none that have really impressed me yet -perhaps because they seem to want to add something different, which wouldn't bother me if it was done only to add realism. I am curious what all the 'even start' is. While victory conditions can be modified to suit our present situation, it seems the sides are anything but equal. I thought for a moment how it might be nice to see a cold war campaign. Can helicopters be represented?

They're in there (helos that is). The victory conditions probably will need tweaking admittedly.

Yes Attack Helocopters are in. They will start a bit weak with short range but nothing a little tec cant fix.

By the way % per chit to gain tec is at 10, 8, 6, 4, 2.

So first couple levels should come quickly, cost has been increased slightly.

I am open to suggestions for Victory Conditions with the following goals in mind:

1) I want the Majors to be forced to compete outside there home countries (i.e. It will not be required to invade a Major)

2) I want about 5 Victory 'Targets'

3) I want both sides to have a very even chance at victory

My opinion is that the ...West, and to a lesser extent Russia, should have casualties negatively affect their income, which should not reflect their industrial capacity, but their willingness to continue interventionist policy. Wait ...his game has a diplomacy scale that could trigger withdrawal. That way a more accurate representation of such willingness could be represented, affected by money and perhaps some diplomatically advantageous decisions. Victory conditions should be cheap oil reflected in the diplomatic numbers of OPEC countries. The big question would be how Iran unfolds, in addition to our ability to stabilize Iraq and Afghanistan. Diplomatic numbers from Morocco to Indonesia should re-create the 'flamability' of the situation, with certain numbers triggering the creation of insurgents, Al Qaeda, etc ...even open belligerence. Is that too realistic? Forgive me, but that's what I want from a scenario like this. Perhaps if you go ahead and create this scenario, you will let me do my own spinoff of it.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply macg, you certainly got me to put more thought into the victory conditions but what you propose is way more complex than this mod aims to simulate.

They're in there (helos that is). The victory conditions probably will need tweaking admittedly.

Well, I have again done some Victory Condition Tweaking.

VC_tweaking.jpg

Opening turn Intro

intro.jpg

Gold.jpg

That last picture is a little misleading because majors can not build gold, only minors can @1000mpp, then the major will need to ship it safely home.

What I like about this is how players will be forced to make lots of decisions about controlling and defending objectives, diplomacy, DOW, military spending, and Growing the Treasury. All this without forcing any DOW, and without forcing Majors to invade each other.

Intel Tec at 2% per level will become more usefull also by indicating how much Gold your opponent is hoarding.

The first version has been uploaded to the repository. Player vs Player only.

There is a pdf quickstart guide explaing most of the changes.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=726

I am pretty happy with the way it plays but so far have only played against myself mostly hot seat.

I did try out the e-mail version just to see how the replay videos look and sound, WOW if you turn up the volume it just sounds so cool on the playback because most of the custom sounds are longer than the 2 secs the originals are so they overlap each other making it sound like a WAR is going on.

If anyone wants to playtest it with me you can reach me at MrQuiet67 at yahoo dot com

I wondered if you could do something like gold (MPP) units, to ship to the home countries of allies, and you can! Is your choice to not let majors build them a structural (game engine) limitation, or a design decision? Can you have a script that would automatically disband the gold units once they reach their destination, bestowing their value to the recipient? Then we could have the mother of all convoy battles...

I wondered if you could do something like gold (MPP) units, to ship to the home countries of allies, and you can! Is your choice to not let majors build them a structural (game engine) limitation, or a design decision? Can you have a script that would automatically disband the gold units once they reach their destination, bestowing their value to the recipient? Then we could have the mother of all convoy battles...

It is a design decision to cause the risk involved with shipping gold through dangerous or not so dangerous Oceans. The new 500ton Gold unit replaces engineers so it was definately my choice to not allow majors to build them directly. (by the way this gives the unintended feature of Gold 'financing' fortifications if you wish to risk them that way)

The main idea is to make the player decide where to spend his mpps either diplo, military, or treasury. All will be important for there own reasons.

You probably could get a decision script to get the result you are asking about but then how would we decide the winner without knowing how many times it happened?

*Edit* You have given me an idea I should think about and I could eliminate the National Treasury Unit

I could create a non playable area somewhere in the arctic.

As each major gets gold to there Treasury (some named city) a script could fire to remove the gold and recreate it in the unplayable area. Then at the end of the game it would be real easy to count them all up.

edit -Looking over the scripts it looks like the best way to accomplish this is with a Loop Script but that poses problems in the UK due to its size.

I have taken the MOD down.

I am changing the rules so that gold will be transported to a non-playable area on the map via decision/loop scripts once it reaches the National Treasury.

I have already tested it for US and UK and it works flawlessly.

I should have it back up tomorrow night.

Thanks John da Fool for triggering the idea.

How awesome that you did this! I've dled the first version and run through a couple of turns, very impressive.

Being it Summertime in the Coastal Bend, I don't wargame much, but this has really got my interest. You go ahead and make the tweaks, but I'm playing around with this first version for awhile.

I love this concept, hope it works out, good imagination, its like a Civ game.:)

Thanks Sea Monkey I appreciate the nice words.

Yes, its probably closer to a civ game than a real WWIII simulation, but the AARs should be fun 2 read :D

I stayed up way to late but I managed to finish the scripting and tested the crap out of them. Had to add more loop scripts to get minors to be able to send there gold to non-parent majors and have it dissapear into the vault properly.

Tomorrow I will change the pdf and instruction pop-ups that no longer apply, then upload her again.

U8led, I'm thinking that the "Military Police"( old anti-tank) units should have a soft defensive value, how about 1, and make them cost 60 MPPs instead of 40?

Now you have a true garrison unit that will be slightly upgradeable with AT making them perfect for a city/resource fight.:cool: