Sentry cleared by upgrade

Makris1821

I haven't played the game for a few months, but I seem to remember a while back that Brit was going to fix sentry orders being cleared by units being upgraded. I was just playing with the most recent version and it still seems to be happening. Did this ever get fixed, or has it crept back in with later versions?

I haven't played the game for a few months, but I seem to remember a while back that Brit was going to fix sentry orders being cleared by units being upgraded. I was just playing with the most recent version and it still seems to be happening. Did this ever get fixed, or has it crept back in with later versions?

I just ran a test to see if this problem was happening, but it seems to work fine for me. There was a problem about six weeks ago, where the upgrade-order cleared the sentry orders. Are you running the latest version - version 1.01.7060 or 1.01.7061? The version number is displayed in the lower right corner of the main menu window.

I am. 1.01.7061. IIRC, I at least got it when my tanks upgraded from 2 to 3 (or 3 to 4).

By the way, there is one issue with the upgrade when a unit is sentried. If a unit is sentried, the sentry button is highlighted. If you give the unit orders to upgrade, the sentry highlight disappears, but that's because his current order is to upgrade. He actually has two orders: upgrade then sentry. It isn't obvious that he's going to return to sentry after finishing the upgrade because there's no indicator.

Okay, it's now added to the game.

I'm assuming this is depending on the orders, i.e. a unit with aggressive orders "wakes up" and attacks, but one whose orders isn't triggered by the enemy unit should stay in sentry. Correct?

With regards my issue of sentry being cleared with upgrade, it may have been that they weren't on sentry at all, but down the list of units without order (e.g. "5 turns without order"), and when they upgraded they all move to the top of the list so I notice a whole lot of new units. I'll keep an eye on this and let you know.

I'm assuming this is depending on the orders, i.e. a unit with aggressive orders "wakes up" and attacks, but one whose orders isn't triggered by the enemy unit should stay in sentry. Correct?

Yes. The issue with the artillery is that it was sentried in a city, and even though an enemy unit was within range, it wasn't attacking. This was a side-effect of a change I made a while ago to prevent infantry from leaving cities to attack enemies (they'd leave the city and lose the city-defense bonus).

With regards my issue of sentry being cleared with upgrade, it may have been that they weren't on sentry at all, but down the list of units without order (e.g. "5 turns without order"), and when they upgraded they all move to the top of the list so I notice a whole lot of new units. I'll keep an eye on this and let you know.

Ah, so they were in the idle units list - which means it wasn't the issue I mentioned earlier (where they had sentry orders, but it wasn't obvious). Let me know.