If a person never speaks up, they don't get heard

I suppose it was mainly the feel of the setting.

1942 the year the Axis had their butts handed to them. But in the demo, if you play the Allies, it's the year the Allies lose the war till further notice.

I was concerned about a historicity issue.

Considering that the scenario starts in June 1942 and covers the period when the Axis were approaching their high tide (hence the scenario's name) I'm not really sure what we can do about that, because the Axis defeats in Europe didn't happen until the autumn, i.e. a significant time after the demo has finished. I don't see any historicity issue here at all, at least not in the demo.

No problem guys and thanks for the comments. I always try and give someone the benefit of the doubt... but having given him the floor and seeing that Les really does not have much to say, I think it is safe to conclude that he unfortunately just wanted to hear his own voice.

Chalk it up to lesson learned and when he shows up again at our next release party I'll know better to simply ignore him and focus on those that have actually played the game and have something truly substantial to say.

Hubert

No problem guys and thanks for the comments. I always try and give someone the benefit of the doubt... but having given him the floor and seeing that Les really does not have much to say, I think it is safe to conclude that he unfortunately just wanted to hear his own voice.

Chalk it up to lesson learned and when he shows up again at our next release party I'll know better to simply ignore him and focus on those that have actually played the game and have something truly substantial to say.

Hubert

Wow Hubert never heard you talk like this before its turning me on :rolleyes: I guess next you Canadians will be closing the border to USA newly weds so they cant use the beautiful Canadian side of Niagra falls for their honeymoon but will have to use the dirty American side or good lord honeymoon in the Bahamas where they wont go near each other because of the humidity.:D

Bo

I'm waiting for a trade to settle before I buy this game in a couple days, but I'd like to chime in with my opinion on the eLicense from past SC2 games.

I don't care for them at all.

I build my own computers, and from time to time they meltdown. Unfortunately, when I've installed a game with eLicense on that box, that copy is lost forever. So if I want to play on my laptop and another desktop box, I need to keep de-initializing and re-initializing as I switch back and forth. Not an enjoyable experience in the least.

I tried to go through the customer service process to get my second code freed up for a new box, but got no reply after multiple attempts. Frustrating.

It won't keep me from buying more SC2 games, but it certainly does dampen my enjoyment of the series.

Yep, computer's crash. You gotta save the code, passwords, & the receipt. The average person has like 100+ passwords to keep track of, I don't need a hassle when gaming. Then when you do finally contact customer service, they treat you like an idiot and a thief. Customer Service thinks they are doing you a favor to finally provide the key.

No Legend, No Cry

• 2 weeks later...