Unplayable, Zero support and a waste of MONEY, DONT BUY

I warn all future potential customers DONT BUY THIS GAME, if you have a top end system (which i and many others do) you still wont be able to play this game. There is no patches, no support from battlefront, no hint on to when we might get this game fixed and is EXPENSIVE for what it offers. Dont buy it, save your cash and wait until something that actually runs comes out.

Those are not fully accurate statements. I won't state that there are no problems with the game, but they are also possibly not as bad as you make them out to be.

I assume your playability issue is primarily with the campaign(s). Is the game actually locking up on you or just dropping the FPS down to unacceptable levels (but not freezing the game) ? Do you have the same issues with the Mission Generator/Simple Editor ? I understand that the campaigns are the heart of the game, but issues with them does not mean that the entire game is broken.

The game has only been released for a short while (a little less than two months). One patch has come out, though it was not geared towards any type of engine updates, but rather simple data updates. 1C is currently working on another patch, though I do not have a status on it. It may address some issues you experiencing, while others may not get fully addressed.

Not everyone is seeing the issues you are or perhaps their expectations of performance are not as high as yours. It may take several patches to sort out some of the issues. I don't know if some of the newer Intel Core CPUs are having issues with the code in TOW 2 Kursk. There potentially could be some compiler related issues that cause problems with the new CPUs, but I have no idea if that is an accurate guess or not.

We can understand customer's frustration with the game and 1C is working to fix the issues as they can within the code. As Sneaksie has pointed out some of the issues may just be the CPU being overwhelmed with calculations due to the number of units and their actions at certain points in the campaign.

We highly suggest to ANYONE thinking of purchasing the game to try out the Demo first. This should give you a basic idea of how well the game will run on your computer. It may not show the issues with the campaigns, but it should give you a general idea of how well the game engine works with your computer.

Right off the bat ill tell you its not my machine, i dont feel like i need to list every single hand selected part i have put into this machine,there is alot of money invested into it and runs everything flawless. Bottom line is this.. when you release a game, the customer expects to PLAY the game, the memory leak makes this game unplayable. Sure i can make a random generated mission which has no storyline, replay value, or immersion.. but if i wanted this i would of kept the demo and not paid $45 for a broken game. This is to warn other people, everytime i see my Kursk 1942 icon on my desktop i cringe, i dont think my statements are any differnt from what other people feel. Why release an unfinished game? will your customers be loyal to your next titles?

My expectations are not high like you say.. i loved ToW1 had no issues other than the game being left high and dry before new titles were shoved out the door.. just the tow2 just like kursk and im sure for the next ToW titles.. word of advice... customer loyalty > fast $$$.

The game is fine. Sometimes graphics are mistaken for game play. My personal gripe is no gunner or TC positions on the armor. If I could play as the gunner in ToW Kursk and the sight/optical stuff was properly modelled like in SBPro-PE then the Russian stuff would be dead for sure.

Right off the bat ill tell you its not my machine, i dont feel like i need to list every single hand selected part i have put into this machine,there is alot of money invested into it and runs everything flawless. Bottom line is this.. when you release a game, the customer expects to PLAY the game, the memory leak makes this game unplayable. Sure i can make a random generated mission which has no storyline, replay value, or immersion.. but if i wanted this i would of kept the demo and not paid $45 for a broken game. This is to warn other people, everytime i see my Kursk 1942 icon on my desktop i cringe, i dont think my statements are any differnt from what other people feel. Why release an unfinished game? will your customers be loyal to your next titles?

My expectations are not high like you say.. i loved ToW1 had no issues other than the game being left high and dry before new titles were shoved out the door.. just the tow2 just like kursk and im sure for the next ToW titles.. word of advice... customer loyalty > fast $$$.

I haven't observed any problems with gameplay yet with my custom made computer yet.

I have a Core I7 950 CPU with 6 gigs of RAM and an ATI 5850 graphics card in crossfire.

Perhaps knowing the make of people's computers with issues might point out that the minimum requirements need to be raised with this game.

I warn all future potential customers DONT BUY THIS GAME, if you have a top end system (which i and many others do) you still wont be able to play this game. There is no patches, no support from battlefront, no hint on to when we might get this game fixed and is EXPENSIVE for what it offers. Dont buy it, save your cash and wait until something that actually runs comes out.

i cant really agree with you. i`ll get 15-30fps and thats ok for a wargame. i liked the combat-mechanics (exception infantry) and the graphics a lot. i ve a lot of fun with the game. you have to get into it to enjoy it. i agree, there's a lot of potenial left to improve the game. let s say its an unpolished gem.

I warn all future potential customers DONT BUY THIS GAME, if you have a top end system (which i and many others do) you still wont be able to play this game.
I understand that having technical difficulties is frustrating, all game boards have these kind of complaints and "warnings", but I feel you are overdoing it. The game runs perfectly here, for any complaint there is another user running the game fine, so you can cut back a bit on the "everything sucks" mood you are trying to create. The game has issues, but not to that extend, there is a gem beneath it all.

Ahh, performance problems. I have a decent computer, runs most things just fine... but the kursk demo just killed it. Unplayable. I haven't had a game "unplayable" for 10 years or more (I keep my computer up to date.)

My friends have no problems though, but I'm not buying it with the performance I had in the demo (and campaigns are supposed to be worse??) Without me buying it, neither are my friends.

I wouldn't go so far as bmackay to try and warn people away, but I HAVE been warned away by my own experience with the performance.

My two cents here as I started the original 'Bug thread' post which is where a lot of these performance problems have been listed. If you find new ones please update that thread!

The game is playable to a degree. The German campaign is reasonable, the Russian campaign is shockingly poor. There are a LOT of little issues with this game that do need addressing in due course, but the biggest bug is the memory leak. This is what people are running into at certain points within the campaign. It doesn't matter what system you have - You will hit this memory leak which makes the particular mission unplayable. Whether or not you run into this memory leak seems to be somewhat random however. The only way to currently rectify the problem is to save the current mission, exit the game, restart the PC and try again. Just exiting the game is not good enough. It's a pain in the backside. I virtually completed the German campaign, and didn't get further than mission 2 in the Russian campaign before I uninstalled.

People also feel somewhat aggrieved at the issue with the printed manual in the pre-order for what it's worth.

Just got my download delivery today. I've been struggling all the evening for making it working. No way...It freezes up right after the mission has started. Here ar my specs.

Win Vista, Home premium, 64 bits

Intel core 2, P7550@2.26 GHz

NVIDIA Geforce 9600m GS

4 Go RAM

Any tip ?

Thx.

Just got my download delivery today. I've been struggling all the evening for making it working. No way...It freezes up right after the mission has started. Here ar my specs.

Win Vista, Home premium, 64 bits

Intel core 2, P7550@2.26 GHz

NVIDIA Geforce 9600m GS

4 Go RAM

Any tip ?

Thx.

It could be something to do with your video card - have you tried running on minimum settings? When you say freezes up, does it lock up too or does it spring back to life if you wait for a few minutes?

What is this memory leak? and how does it work?

Don't know exactly, but it seems to occur at some point during the campaign when there are a certain number of units on the screen, or when the map is particularly complicated. I have also discovered that running with the high intensity shadows and max graphics is a resource hog in the extreme. It should really run better than this!

Ahh, performance problems. I have a decent computer, runs most things just fine... but the kursk demo just killed it. Unplayable. I haven't had a game "unplayable" for 10 years or more (I keep my computer up to date.)

My friends have no problems though, but I'm not buying it with the performance I had in the demo (and campaigns are supposed to be worse??) Without me buying it, neither are my friends.

I wouldn't go so far as bmackay to try and warn people away, but I HAVE been warned away by my own experience with the performance.

you wouldent go as far to warn other ppl online that the game runs like crap and is unplayable, but you yourself will warn your friends. So your just worried about your money being spent on a terrible game and nobody elses. Again this turned into a bug thread, and im over reacting? pfft save your money ppl.

you wouldent go as far to warn other ppl online that the game runs like crap and is unplayable, but you yourself will warn your friends. So your just worried about your money being spent on a terrible game and nobody elses. Again this turned into a bug thread, and im over reacting? pfft save your money ppl.

I actually went ahead and bought this one. I've been playing it for about three days so far and haven't experienced any memory leaks or CTD's. They do need to fix the problem with infantry dancing around in the trenches. Either fix it or have the theme from The Benny Hill Show play in the background. :D

I've always been very impressed with the Total War series (Sega/Creative Assembly). I have them all except the very old Shogun and they seem to come with no issues relative to loading, fps or freezes or any of the "mechanical" aspects. Of course there are issues of type units, accuracy of type units and weapons or the way play or AI might be structured but the games, for me, play flawlessly through all the different PC's I've had since Total War Rome (my first TW game) that I still play. Medieval II Kingdoms is absolutely great.

For those of you having trouble running the game, try installing the game in safe mode. I could not install the game until I brought up the computer in safe mode, as the EULA interfered with something on my computer in normal mode. I too have a very high end system and am running Windows 7. On some computers, safe mode will come up with pushing F8, but on others you have to use "msconfig" in the run menu. Search for instructions if you do not know how to do this. Once installed, restart the computer in normal mode and the game should run. Anyway, hope this helps someone.....I know how frustrating it can be to have the game and not be able to play it.