Game will not start with Windows 7 64bit

I purchased the game about a week ago and cannot get it to run. I've reinstalled multiple times, tried running as admin, tried lowering my firewall, tried turning down UAC. NOTHING works. I contacted support and have not received a response, it's been roughly 5 days since I sent that.

Does anyone have a fix to this?

Please check your ticket by logging in at the http://www.battlefront.com/helpdesk (upper right-hand corner), your response is in there if you have not received an email (which was sent yesterday morning). I was late in responding to your email since I thought I had sent it already. Another issue you may be seeing however is that your email provider may be classifying our email as spam, so you may need to check any spam/junk mail folders you have and also whitelist/'safe sender' our email address 'support@battlefront.com' and 'sales@battlefront.com'.

As Sneaksie has asked, have you seen the eLicense license dialog box when you launch the game to activate the license key ? If not, then I suspect that your ZoneAlarm package may have a piece of software installed that causes problems with eLicense. The 'browser security toolbar' is a separate applet that gets installed with ZoneAlarm. Typically it is necessary to uninstall this toolbar (NOT ZoneAlarm itself, just the toolbar) and possibly temporarily disable ZoneAlarm (per some customers' suggestions) during the licensing or unlicensing.

Update: I received the CDROM in the mail today, that didn't work either. I was able to get to the licensing screen and successfully license the game. I did notice in the task manager that when the game exe is clicked windows error reporting system launches immediately after the exe is clicked and then the game exe closes.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you having trouble running the game, try installing the game in safe mode. I could not install the game until I brought up the computer in safe mode, as the EULA interfered with something on my computer in normal mode. I too have a very high end system and am running Windows 7. On some computers, safe mode will come up with pushing F8, but on others you have to use "msconfig" in the run menu. Search for instructions if you do not know how to do this. Once installed, restart the computer in normal mode and the game should run. Anyway, hope this helps someone.....I know how frustrating it can be to have the game and not be able to play it.

• 2 weeks later...
Updated further: The demo also does not run, Tech Support has been in contact with me, but everything they have recommended does not work. Guess I'm up sh*t creek without a paddle and in the hole $50US

I'm sure it's no consolation but you arent the only one. My system is similar to yours and it wont start. I can tell you the game can run on Windows 7 64 bit because it was running great two weeks ago. But after not running it for a while now it wont start at all. The source of the problem seems to be that the LicCtrlServce will not / can not start. We dont know why at the present. I also made out my trouble ticket and the battle front guys gave me some things to try but none of that worked for me either. I could not even get the unlicense box to come up, I have tried un installing and reinstalling the game, and I tried uninstalling my antivirus/firewall software and that didnt work. I know the BF guys are trying but there just doesnt seem to be a fix for this issue yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having issues playing on Windows7 64bit as well. It was playing fine when XP was installed.

My issue is a bit different- the game will start in campaign mode, but not in uick battle. The camera seems odd as well, it won't rotate as before.