Belligerence bug

I made a Mod “Fall Weiss” for GC and it works fine so far. But now I have an issue with belligerence. Italia (major country) missed to DOW France (major too) and one or two turns later France surrender to Germany. Now Italian troops could not go into the Low Countries and Northern France. They may go thru Germany as alliance brother but at the border all moving ends.

Is this already been known?

This is a known effect due to the new Belligerence settings for the Global release, i.e. you need to set the applicable belligerences via the BELLIGERENCE script as it is no longer automatic.

The reason for this is of course that there are cases where we may not want majors to be automatically at war with each other as we see in Global, i.e. Germany is at war with the USSR but Japan is not etc.

If you add a BELLIGERENCE event as Bill suggests this will resolve Italy so long as Italy joins the war against France before France surrenders and after Italy is fully mobilized. However if France surrenders before Italy is fully mobilized there is currently no way to have Italy become belligerent against France via the BELLIGERENCE scripts as we currently check that the countries specified have not surrendered.

I am actually going to change this for the first patch as it will allow us to add a BELLIGERENCE event for Japan and the USSR after the USSR surrenders to Germany so that even if Japan was not at war with the USSR they will then be able to enter and occupy territory as desired.

• 2 weeks later...
If you add a BELLIGERENCE event as Bill suggests this will resolve Italy so long as Italy joins the war against France before France surrenders and after Italy is fully mobilized.

Hey Guys,

I try to create a belligerence.txt for my Italy event. But it denied his cooperation in any case. Even if I made dummy values where ever I can. Now chance. Could anybody tells me what do I wrong?

{

#NAME= ACHSE KI: Italien erklärt GB den Krieg (100%)

#POPUP= Italien tritt auf Seiten Deutschlands in den Krieg ein

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 1

#AI= 1

#LEVEL= 0

; Set global variable condition to always trigger (dummy value)

#GV= 1[1,100]

; Set link value to always trigger (dummy value)

#LINK= 0[0]

#TRIGGER= 100

#COUNTRY_ID= 6

#BELLIGERENCE_ID= 1

#DATE= 1939/09/01

#FAILSAFE_DATE= 1948/01/01

; 1st Line - Germany politically aligned with the Axis and not surrendered

#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 5 [1] [100] [0]

; 1st Line - GB and Germany are belligerent

#BELLIGERENCE_CONDITION= [0,0]

; Dummy condition position (always satisfied)

#CONDITION_POSITION= 0,0 [0,0] [0,0] [0] [0]

}

• 1 month later...
This is a known effect due to the new Belligerence settings for the Global release...

I am actually going to change this for the first patch as it will allow us to add a BELLIGERENCE event for Japan and the USSR ...

What about Germany going to China. My German ships are not able to visit the chinese harbors or going into former chinese territory.

Hi Amadeus,

I received the file and it looks like China is surrendered but Germany was never at war with China. So the behaviour you are seeing is indeed correct.

However, with the last patch, v1.01, we can now be able to add a BELLIGERENCE event that would enable Germany to enter China by setting a post Chinese surrender BELLIGERENCE between Germany and China. This is just something that the default campaign does not have but I can consider adding it if this is desired for the next patch.