Alternate Strategies/Questions

I wonder why there is such a nice map of Africa and India and Austrailia? After the fall of France, as an Axis player, I barely have enough MPP's\units to build up for the campaign in Russia and fight that war let alone trying alternate strategies.

I see the 7th Balckshirts in Addis Ababa but why are they even there? I can't put together enough of a force to try and drive south from Tobruk and plow through to the Blackshirts. Even if I had a few spare troops around, supply limitations would make that a waste of time.

I certainly can't go the long way around with enough troops to land at that port near the Blackshirts. So, except that it looks pretty, why waste the map space for South Africa?

And the islands in the pacific. I try to garrison some of those with decent troops, maybe even stick an air unit or two around the islands but the supply is so low that they are ineffective against any determined force. If I had a few spare HQ's(yea, sure) sitting around to put on some of the islands they would be wiped out in the first attack and all of the MPP's it took to buy and transport them there would be wasted.

Does anyone have a plan to put troops in those areas? South Africa or the Pacific islands or even Austrilia. China sucks Japan dry. Russia sucks Germany dry. Italy, well they just occupy space.

Yolo911,

I'd suggest taking a look at the World in Flames mod as it has a much more active Africa and South America with many more flavoured diplomatic events. It really is an excellent mod as the AI is fully developed since it was based off of the official 1939 World at War campaign.

Hubert

Yolo911,

I'd suggest taking a look at the World in Flames mod as it has a much more active Africa and South America with many more flavoured diplomatic events. It really is an excellent mod as the AI is fully developed since it was based off of the official 1939 World at War campaign.

Hubert

Thanks Hubert! and you know this is fully yours, and it would be an honor for me if you would use any of the Skripts or Adds there :)

Personally, as far as Germany strategy goes I don't like running Operation Barbarossa. As early as possible with Germany I buy an engineer and fortify my Russian front I then stack it with my Germany Minor allied troops. I let the USSR kill himself on my line while I mop up Africa and the Middle East. By allowing him to play the offensive I save on MPPs that I can use elsewhere and use to research new tech.

So far it's been working but sometimes the USSR gets too tough too quick and busts thru my line.