Amphibious Assaults - AI

Hi, first of all love the game. I have really adjusted to the smaller map, no complaints about the game at all, I do have one question regarding Amphious Transports used by the AI.

The AI seems a little dumb when it comes to ramming their Amphious Transports into my surface ships, in one case they just rammed into the same ship three times in a row in the same turn, after it was obviously uncovered under FOW. Is there any way I can make this less deadly for the AI? If in a patch the AI could somehow go around the uncovered surface ships that would be ideal, but for now does anyone have any ideas of how to make this less deadly for my AI opponents? I've considered scripting mass destroyers around the time of the big amphious assaults to help the AI, or giving the AI maxed out Amphious research from the beginning of the game, but I'm not sure what is the best route to take.

I'd like to turn off the feature that allows surface ships to automatically attack transports that come into an adjacent hex in the mean time, does anyone know how to accomplish this?