• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In a PBEM recently, the move ended exactly on this frame:

e214ab6b37.jpg

My poor lil' leo getting smoked by the M1128. I guess it found the weak spot just underneath the main gun and punched all the way through.

Is this possible? I suppose that once it penetrates the weak spot there's not much to stop it going out the other side, but I would have thought that it would be more likely to happen with the higher velocity guns than the M1128's 105mm.

Haha, total luck by me at least. By that stage in the game you had already smeared me across the map for the most part!

That M1128 was dead the next turn anyhow.

• 3 weeks later...
In a PBEM recently, the move ended exactly on this frame:

e214ab6b37.jpg

My poor lil' leo getting smoked by the M1128. I guess it found the weak spot just underneath the main gun and punched all the way through.

Is this possible? I suppose that once it penetrates the weak spot there's not much to stop it going out the other side, but I would have thought that it would be more likely to happen with the higher velocity guns than the M1128's 105mm.

In PBEM replays (and WEGO in general) there can be inaccuracies in the presentation - shots can sometimes seem to go a small way through an object when in fact the game treated it as being stopped by it. Basically the tracer of the shot shows how far the shot went during one frame of replay, but this doesn't take into count whether the shot had already been stopped because the tracer length depends on velocity. And for high velocity shots this can be quite long. In the next 'frame' the tracer would have disappeared.

Interesting setup. Was this a scenario or a Quick Battle?

Dynamic Protection, on the west called Explosive Reactive Armor (ERA).

4S24 looks like this:

bmp3m-1.jpg

You can learn more about it here:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=90432&page=24

Well, it seems that I need to do some good screenshots from my game, maybe tomorrow. ;-)

BTW, before someone ask, yes, 4S24 is capabale to stop tandem HEAT warheads (at least some of them), and yes, it is light enough so BMP-3 or BMP-2 can swim with it.

Dynamic Protection, on the west called Explosive Reactive Armor (ERA).

4S24 looks like this:

You can learn more about it here:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=90432&page=24

Well, it seems that I need to do some good screenshots from my game, maybe tomorrow. ;-)

BTW, before someone ask, yes, 4S24 is capabale to stop tandem HEAT warheads (at least some of them), and yes, it is light enough so BMP-3 or BMP-2 can swim with it.

oh ok, ERA :)

never heard that term for it before.

Thanks alot sir!

• 7 months later...

Almost two minutes earlier, the USMC squad on the left suffered two WIA from the Syrian squad on the right while advancing across a bush-covered field. A minute earlier, the RPG man in said squad scored a turret hit on an Abrams from about 350 meters. Some of the ten or so Marines overwatching from rooftop half a klick away spotted where the RPG came from and fired a Javelin at the building, wrecking the wall. Just seconds after the Marine squad had hustled into the two-story building, the squad leader, Sergeant Roca, took it upon himself to bust into the one-story building and shoot the Syrians still alive therein.

th_CMShockForce2011-10-0400-51-14-63.jpg

Or at least it seemed that the squad leader took it upon himself to rush into the building and clear it solo. I suppose it actually was a glitch that one pixelsoldat from a squad ended up in a building adjacent to the one the squad was ordered to enter. But it's more fun to "dramatize" the on-screen action.

• 3 weeks later...

AAV-7A1 surviving side hit from RPG-29:

th_AAVP7survivingsidehitfromRPG-29.jpg

Thank goodness for that ERA!

IIRC, two of my AAVs were hit (but only lightly damaged) by RPG-29s in that scenario, and while the driver of one was KIA, the crew of the other (the one pictured) came through unscathed, though certainly rattled.

• 1 year later...

Two things in that shot:

1. I'm glad to see one can shoot Javelin from balcony with no effect on nearby friends (even Jenkins turning his back to the blast was fine (note to self, check if Jenkins is deaf)),

2. First time I caught a Javelin about to leave the tube (would be better without these pesky fins protrudring but, I was too lazy to open Photoshop).

55523.jpg

About time to realize those in the last USMC mission !

• 3 weeks later...