2 Problem Issues - AutoUpdater & Mission Generator

1) I have downloaded the AutoUpdater but it doesn't self-extract (I think because my game still shows 1.2.2). I've tried to type in several paths to extract it but I'm obviously not getting it. Can anyone tell me what the path should be. I'm using Partition_1 (C:)\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\1 c Company\Theatre of War 2 Kursk 1943 but I get error msgs that are not understandable to me.

2) The campaign game plays fine. But when I tried the Mission Generator nothing happens when I click on "Start." I completed all the blocks in the generator from name, mission, maps, date, type combat (attack) and units (tk bns),etc.. When I select "Start" nothing happens. This feature worked in my Demo.

Btw, I could not load the game disk until I deleted the Demo version. Once I did that the game loaded.

Do you know where you downloaded/copied the "AutoUpdater.zip" file ? Windows should be able to extract this file. You may want to extract the files somewhere else and then manually copy them to the appropriate locations. The "AutoUpdate.exe" needs to be copied to:

'\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\1C Company\Theatre of War 2 Kursk 1943\AutoUpdater'

The file in the 'ru' folder, "AutoUpdate.resources.dll", needs to be copied to:

'\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\1C Company\Theatre of War 2 Kursk 1943\AutoUpdater\ru'

Your shortcut for Theatre of War 2 Kursk 1943 may need to have its 'Target' line modified from:

'\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\1C Company\Theatre of War 2 Kursk 1943\AutoUpdater\AutoUpdater.exe'

to:

'\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\1C Company\Theatre of War 2 Kursk 1943\Kursk1943.exe'

Otherwise you will get the autoupdate process running TWICE.

I'm not sure if this has been corrected with the latest versions of the 'AutoUpdate' or not.

The 'Mission Editor' is now called the "Simple Editor". When you are done making your selections it should have button choices of:

'Save & Exit' - Saves the battle and exits the editor.

'Save & Launch Editor' - Saves the battle and launches the full Mission/Campaign Editor

'Save & Launch TOW' - Saves the battle and launches TOW.

Of course you're clicking on 'Save & Launch TOW'. I've been able to reproduce your problem - TOW doesn't load up after clicking that button. However the battle is saved. I highly suggest giving the battles some unique names. Launch TOW and go to the 'Battles' button and your battle should be in the list.

Oh, forgot.

When I download the AutoUpdater it extracts to my Download Manager not to Kursk 43?? When I click on "Extract" it shows the file its going to as my name, User, Download Manager and that's why I tried trying to direct it to Kursk. Hmm, I wonder if that's a UAC issue. I'll try turning that off there was something about that in the instructions but I thought it concerned loading the game.

Again thanks. I'm still a bit confused by what you call Mission Editor or Simple Editor unless that is a change in the patch as on my 1.2.2 it still says Mission Generator. But I'll relook.

2) I assume you are telling about the in-game generator, not the external simple editor. If the 'launch' button does nothing, this means that the game can't save it (write access problem). Launch the game using 'run as administrator' context menu command.

Appreciate your response.

Yes, you are correct, the in-game mission generator does not launch. Pardon my lack of computer knowledge but are you saying to disable the UAC before playing?

If I'm in the game how do I "run as admin"? What is "context menu cmd"?

If you're running on Windows Vista or Windows 7 and install the game into 'Program Files' or other protected folder, OS won't allow the game to write anything into the folder where it is installed. To cure this, you may want to right-click on the icon you launch the game or editors with and select "Run as administrator" from the popup menu. This will allow the game to save any data.

To make your shortcut always launch with full Administrator rights, right-click on the launch icon and select 'Properties'. In here click on the 'Compatibility' tab and go to the bottom section labeled 'Privilege Level', then check mark the box next to the "Run this program as an administrator" option. Click 'Apply' and then 'OK'.

when you launch the game, right click on the icon and choose "run as an administrator"

the in-game mission generator is different from the simple editor and mission editor. It's three different things:

The simple editor allows you to quickly create a basic battle on a map of your choice without scripting. But for more advanced editing, you'll need to use the full mission editor

OK, again thanks. It works "as administrator."

OK, yes the simple editor is great. I'm somewhat familiar with TOW editors as I have the original and Africa. I didn't have any issues when I was using XP unfortunately the editors in these older games don't seem to work with Vista. Too bad as I particularly like the first TOW editor.

1C I think your doing a great job, thanks !