SC Global Conflict Won't Launch

I run Vista 64, with dual-monitors.

Neither the main game executable, nor the editor will launch (though the un-installer will).

I have tried running it as Administrator and it makes no difference.

There is no error message of any kind, when I click on either the game or the editor the cursor (very) brielfy flickers (to a circle then back to a pointer) and nothing else happens. I can see no left-over process running either.

I bought the game yesterday, installed it without any problems, but encountered this non-launching issue immediately thereafter (in fact, even from the installer).

Please check the www.battlefront.com/helpdesk for "I launch the game and nothing happens" in the eLicense category. Most likely the proper installation of the game was already blocked by either UAC, your anti-virus program, or DEP. You can verify this by looking into the c:\Windows folder. If you do not see the file runservice.exe there, then the game installation was blocked.

I would try to uninstall the game, set the installer to Run as admin (copy it from disc to your HD if needed first), and then try to install again. Temporarily disabling your Anti-virus program or setting an exception to leave the file alone may help as well.

Martin

Ok.

1. I un-installed the game. The un-installer failed to remove the main game exe file, which I had to remove manually.

2. I removed the already existing runservice.exe from the C:\Windows folder (a previous installation attempt must have created it).

2. I disabled User-Access-Control. Rebooted the machine.

3. I added the Installer to my AVG's IP trusted applications file.

4. I re-installed the game, having run the installer in Administrator mode.

5. Runservice.exe did not re-appear in the C:\Windows folder.

6. I tried running the game (again in Administrator mode). Same results, no change at all.

7. I put runservice.exe back into the C:\Windows folder.

8. I tried running the game/editor again in Administrator mode. No change at all.

9. I disabled the firewall. Repeated Step 8, still no change.

I have AVG Internet Security 3-pack.

Hoping for some help.

Please submit a support ticket at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk. Several of the points you listed (e.g. points 1, 2 and 5) don't make sense. Something else must be blocking the installation. Also, if you had the runservice.exe file originally (under 2), then most likely this has nothing to do with eLicense. The fact that "nothing works" no matter what you do indicates that we're looking in the wrong place. Only by submitting a ticket will we be able to get to the bottom of this as it will require more information about your system.

The first thing that should come up when you run the game is the eLicense license dialog box. If you're not getting this, then something is interfering with it. A common problem we see is the ZoneAlarm (or Kaspersky) 'Forcefield browser security toolbar'. This application causes all sorts of problems for eLicense. The only way to get an eLicense game to run is to UNINSTALL the 'Forcefield' toolbar (disabling it doesn't seem to work).

The 'Runservice.exe' file gets installed DURING THE LICENSING PROCESS. So with it being on your computer, it suggests that you were successful at licensing the game at one point. Uninstalling the game will NOT unlicense it. So removing the 'Runservice.exe' file and then reinstalling the game will not result in the file being restored to the '\Windows' directory. When you license the game, this file (and a few others, along with some registry changes) is copied to the '\Windows' directory. 'Runservice.exe' is actually the 'LicCtrlService' Windows Service. It will NOT automatically run when you attempt to run the game (to my knowledge). You can go to Start/Windows Menu > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > click on the 'LicCtrlService' and either press the buttons for 'Play' at the top or possibly right-click and select 'Start'. This will get the 'LicCtrlService' running, which is necessary for the game to run at all.