New file at the Repository: (SC2G) Brute Force 1939-1945 v1.0 (2010-03-14)

#2 Do you all find a lack of land units? Either too expensive or not enough?

Both. In the case of the Germans even during a successful Barbarossa there will be huge holes in his line. I've already said my piece about the Russians. The Japanese need almost all of their corps in China (if going for a big push there of course) and simply don't have enough to garrison many islands (P vs. AI).

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both. In the case of the Germans even during a successful Barbarossa there will be huge holes in his line. I've already said my piece about the Russians. The Japanese need almost all of their corps in China (if going for a big push there of course) and simply don't have enough to garrison many islands (P vs. AI).

I did notice the same. It was more frustration than fun. I place the AI at +.5 exp. The goal of the game is to give the Axis from 39-~42 the chance to win the game outright. After mid 42 the weight of the USA starts coming into play. I found the Axis broke to easy at the climax of the war. Also the other factor is that you could play it but units were depleted down to 6 or 7 and you could have lots of units on the board (historical) but the problem was you got no where because damage wasnt enough. I want to make the game fun also. I think the naval battles are working out ok with the added evasion I put in. Adds variance to fights.

Did some modifications to buys and units. All powers except China and Italy got 10% more corps/armies. I also lowered the costs of all land and air units. Italy I already gave some extra units to before.

corps are 60 mpps, down from 90

armies are 120 mpps, down from 150

armor is 120 mpps, down from 175 if I remember

Ships are the same except CVs which are 480, up from 400. Puts a greater emphasis on them.

Im still having problems with USA Pac AI. Its very difficult to compensate for failed island invasions with the USA. Im going to have to cheat for the AI somehow to get it to work. In europe all powers are working fine.

Im hoping the lower pricing will help out with all powers and allow all nations to fill out their Tech Buys so it evens out even more.

*** Surrender Changes

Italy surrenders when Rome is taken or

When there are no Italians in a 4 hex range of 121,49 and USA is in the war.

New upload will be available at 3pm EST

Uploading now. should be fully uploaded by 9pm EST both files.

Updated:

#1 Removed trade for Germany and USSR. It didnt work with current script

#2 Corrected some more AI scripting although Im still not happy with USA Pacific. Might have to redo it a different way.

#3 Added Alternative Counters. There are 2 folders in the bitmaps subdirectory. All you have to do is copy paste the version you want (military style). If you dont like the new just recopy the original folder back in bitmaps

Alternate Counters (folder)

Original Counters (folder)

#4 The USA was falling a little short early so they got in the production cycle all their 1942 ships added historically (full build)

L

I took a while before I uploaded the new versions PvAI and PvP. Uploaded here http://www.wowfreegames.com/html/brute_force_sc2/main.html

Lots of AI fixes and add ons. Rewrote some AI scripting. USA Pacific working even in late war. Not alternate strategies will be placed in till I feel totally good about the AI. But I think I'm almost there.

#1 German subs 2 tech (to better reflect war in the atlantic)

#2 South America activates as allied after the USA is in the war

#3 Added some more information to the board start point

#4 Added port blockade areas on small islands

#5 Modified technology some. Should be less bloody with inf and anti tank tech

#6 added 10% to land force pool to all major powers

#7 lower cost on units except ships, CVs went up a little

#8 USA split into east and west so the USA player wont reinforce the Pacific

#9 Add Yugoslavia coup decision

#10 Lowered cost for Lend Lease where now its worth to give to China as USA and worth it to cut the road as Japan

#11 Lowered USSR Winter effect some

#12 Mongolia comes in as a USSR ally if they are mobilized

#13 Japanese experience removed from ships and lowered to .5 for land units in China

#14 All minors are upgradable at 2x the cost, except CW nations which are 1x the cost

#15 Loop from Cairo to Kartoum

#16 Removed 1 of 2 USSR DDs. had too many.

#17 USSR Patriotic War Recruitment is all armies now, no corp.

#18 Alternate counters corrected for minor shift

#19 Italian Fascist Free Units added (when Italy falls)

#20 Removed popups for Supply denials (faster game and effects are on the board)

#21 Added more countries that can deny supply in Egypt, Gibraltar, and Malta

#22 Supply is rail only (musta forgot to check this before)

#23 Italy now surrenders if there are no Italians in Sicily and the USA is in the war, 25% per turn.

Still fixing:

Canada AI will not move its troops to UK for some reason and I have looked over the script 10 times.

Russia AI keeps building units in Siberia in 1944 even though the purchase scripts says not too.

Ideas:

Thinking of changing Rockets to be called "Secret Weapons". Currently only 3 powers use them.

Germany: V1-V2

Japan: Kamakazis

USA: A-bomb

WAS THINKING

Italy: Frogmen

USSR: ?

UK: ?