New file at the Repository: (SC2G) Brute Force 1939-1945 v1.0 (2010-03-14)

Al, thanks for some clarification, but still in the dark about

- Are there warnings when Manchuria or east garrison are below levels?

- Do the german units need to be 'ON' the border or in Poland?? What if Germany takes all of Poland, border moves and garrison placement (if on border) too I hope.

Thanks.

Oops forgot. yes there are warnings for Manchuria and Poland.

As for Poland just stay in Poland and I recommend close to the border.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you going to upload a new PvP before the AI version? Assume the PvP is ready?

Asking because I started a PvP game yesterday with your mod and we're thinking we need to restart because of the USSR force pool changes. So if the PvP is updated, we can restart.

Thanks! And thanks for all the prompt response to questions!

PvAI update. Fixed some USA fleet errors, USE amphib errors. Added special action for Germans. Added fleet action for Japan. Pic corrected for Kamakazis I hope. All sorts of things.

One more test through the night. If all is well, we upload.

Originally I had a scripted invasion but as a human you will see this OBVIOUS move the 1st time and naturally prepare for it. So I just made it an event for ease. Occasionally it would mess up too.

I made some scripts simply events instead of invasions because they cant work vs a human. Norway, Denmark, Madagascar, Indochina, Iraq, Persia, Greece, NEI are scripted. I tried my damn hardest to get the AI to do what I wanted but it was too hard and would eat up AI time for something so small. And at least 1/3 of the time it would mess it up and ruin the game.

As for Denmark right away. Well if I was Germany I'd do it 1st turn to secure Baltic convoys and get 5 MPPs. The game is designed around the best plan for the AI not the historical plan. You want good smart AI? I will make it. But this is the initial phase of this mod. When I perfect the base AI mechanism then there will be more variation in things and different plans.

BTW I found a bug I did. I transfered ownership from UK to USA for France since a few extra MPPs for USA will not affect the outcome of the game in the long run if they choose to horde MPPs from France and not spend it. Giving it to the UK changes the game entirely. So with that in mind I forgot to set France beligerant vs Germany. Axis AI wont attack it. Im uploading the new update or if anyone wants to fix it easy here is how.

Go into editor, load up the mod

(top menu row) Campaign, Country Data, under Select Country go to France and click it. In the middle top middle column it says Mobilization % then under that Belligerence. It should say Italy. Use the drop down and select Germany. Then check the check box to its left. Click OK in the lower right and save.

Al did what you said about France making Germany the beligerant and not Italy but as soon as I hit okay at the bottom right it reverts right back to Italy, tried saving it but it does not matter still goes back to Italy what am I doing wrong, must be missing a step somewhere.

Bo

It defaults to Italy you have to select Germany

I must be explaning myself wrong, I click on France it shows Italy as the beligerant as you said I then change Italy to Germany and put the check mark next to Germany hit ok and save it but it wont stay Germany as the beligerant it goes back to Italy, Al dont know how else to explain it.

Bo

weird. I am uploading the fixed file now. I am actually playing a network game with a buddy testing it. Seems network is slower than PBEM

I downloaded this morning at 10:30 est. the file is only 20 mgs used to be 44 mgs? Tried to open it and I got a file error, so cant use, I love what you are doing big map, different AI decissions but right now I feel your having troubles and I am not hearing much from other posters about your mod, so not to be negative but I think I will wait to you get things straightened out before I attempt to play anymore of this mod, I am curious as to why the map is split in half, keep up the work Al when it is finished and plays well we will all enjoy it.

Bo

We had an error on the file late last night and I was too tired to redo it. So I went to sleep.

I post up the game with the version I think is working. Writing AI is far harder than most people think it is. When you think you get it right, it isnt. There is no way to know than to test it and retest it and give it to people to test it. The final result will be an excellent product... I hope. Its that simple.

You can always not download it till 3 months from now. Its frustrating but thats what Beta testing a mod is about. I went through many games of the World at War for Hunert and nit picking little things here and there then restarting the game.

Its just part of the process. Scripting the AI is as tough as writing code. I know I have written code before.

So be patient. I have probably fixed over 100 bugs in the game the last couple weeks.

We had an error on the file late last night and I was too tired to redo it. So I went to sleep.

I post up the game with the version I think is working. Writing AI is far harder than most people think it is. When you think you get it right, it isnt. There is no way to know than to test it and retest it and give it to people to test it. The final result will be an excellent product... I hope. Its that simple.

You can always not download it till 3 months from now. Its frustrating but thats what Beta testing a mod is about. I went through many games of the World at War for Hunert and nit picking little things here and there then restarting the game.

Its just part of the process. Scripting the AI is as tough as writing code. I know I have written code before.

So be patient. I have probably fixed over 100 bugs in the game the last couple weeks.

Your doing too much Al, we all appreciate it, if it seems my patience is going its not, I just feel at times its me screwing up, I can find my way around a computer just to get by eg: why cant I lock that beligerance thing in and save it, that annoys me I feel incapable at times. I cant figure what I am doing wrong because I might want to make some changes and if it wont save it properly I might as well give up with the editor.

Bo

Big Al I think I know what was wrong, France was not aligned with the UK in the editor it had its parent as the USA, I could be wrong but I dont think France has to have a beligerant foe in the editor just be aligned with the UK. When I first started the latest mod download, after I defeated Poland I had to declare war on France and I thought okay thats the way you wanted it, but second guessing that would not make sense. please correct me if I am wrong.

Bo

Just wondering but I don't seem to have the Repository category under DOWNLOADS any more. And I just read some posts here about people downloading files. Have the MODS been relocated?

No the repository is still down but you can get Big Al's mod from where John above told you only dont load the file there if the download is 22 mgs wait until he uploads the new file soon, should be about 44mgs.

Bo