Attaching units manual to HQ

Not sure what I missed but looking in manual shows units being able to detach with a right click. No where do I see that option??? Many choices when right click on unit, but attach/detach to HQ is not one of them :eek:

So how do I manual (auto-assist) specific units to an HQ, if the manual doesn't seem to be correct.

I'm not sure about what the manual says but if you select your HQ and it is in auto-assist or manual mode, observe the units with either a green(HQ attached) or a blue(potential attachment) highlight. Move your cursor to the units that you want to either dettach or attach and right click, you'll get the menu and make your selection.

So...summary...left click HQ(should have an A or M subset), observe units in range with highlights, move cursor to those units, right click.

Also if the HQ has the max number of attachments then you will have to unattach a unit b4 you can attach another one.

HQ bonuses (morale/rediness) are applied instantly upon attachment and lost instantly upon de-attachment, something you may want to keep in mind.

But most important to remember is what Bill101 said:

Additionally, any changes to who is attached or detached to a HQ have to be made before the unit in question is moved/upgraded/reinforced etc.

*Advanced side note*

Brand new units can not be attached, and they start with low morale. So I like to place them near a HQ that is set to 'auto' and they will have HQ bonuses on my opponents turn.