Release Date???

Snowball worker told on their forums more than month ago (10 February) that "we hope that in the next months the situation will change and we could provide some information to the people who are interested in this genre and in this particular game"

К сожалению, работа над проектом, как вы сами видите, затянулась, поэтому до сих пор слишком много неопределённых моментов. В связи с этим и информации недостаточно.

Надеюсь в ближайшие месяцы ситуация изменится и мы сможем предоставить какую-то определённую информацию тем, кому интересны игры подобного жанра в общем и проект "Линия фронта. Афганистан '82" в частности.

There's typical Snowball for ya.. They are still working on Marines' patch (the latest patch is 1.10, iirc, in Russian version).

thanks for the update. I am surprised that no one from their team is in this forum to promote the gate. How many months and no screens or another youtube video.

You see, they don't give a crap about their costumers. "Why?" is a really good question and I don't know the answer. They have a crap PR department (I wouldn't be actually surprised if they don't have PR department at all). This forum section has a lot more action than their whole CMBB + CMSF + CMSF: Afghan section.

Snowball is used to release early alpha versions and label them as "final", and then - IF there's an uproar, they use players who actually paid money for their crap localizations that don't work as beta-testers and release patches using their numerous bug reports. They've really mastered this technology: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Thanks

let hope they patch up Marines soon so we can get on with the Afghan war. I am hoping the Editor will have new buildings.

No, no, mate, you didn't understand. It's not like they want to finish Marines patch first, and then put all resources to Afghan development - no. It was just an illustration of how they work. Although they say there will be a patch, everyone perfectly understands there won't be any.

They probably release Afghan module at some point, but I'd give them half a year - minimum.

yeah i know but i has hoping to play either the CM:A or Nato by now. especially when Nato has more new features.

also, I really excited about Normandy. There is a lot of energy around the new Achtung Panzer: k game. People are saying why should BFC even bother to release it now.

What people dont realize is that Normandy will be game changer for this genre of games as was Shock Force. I know the release was not greeted with a lot excitement because of some issues. I have always challenged others to find a game like it or better.

believe me you cant, I tried to one that comes close.

Achtung Panzer may offer large maps and unscripted AI, but it fails on the most important part of a really good war game: Infantry Behavior. Its not about how awesome your tanks look like and all the pretty graphics. its all about how those pixel soldiers react to situations in battle. In Achtung Panzer you can order your infantry to attack a tank and the squad will keep moving forward even if they have to crawl to their deaths.

Try this in Shock Force and after a little suppression your men will not obey you. they will attempt to survive at any cost. the only other game that i have seen this in is Close Combat and that's a 20 year old game.

Any company that does not take this fact into consideration is not making a Hardcore war game. Why do you think the Close Combat series is still being played today. That's why i still have it on my computer.

I am going to love Normandy because it will have a refined AI because of all the experiences from the previous versions of the CMx2 engine.

I am very happy that Steve and the team of beta testers are busy working on Nato and Normandy and not here listening to our ranting and raving. They should realize that we do this because we want love the games that BFC has created.

so BFC, dont waste your time on my silly post and release Normandy as soon as possible.

• 3 weeks later...
I am surprised that no one from their team is in this forum to promote the ga(m)e.

I'm not entirely sure that Snowball's particularly fluent in English. Luckily, BFC knows people who are literate in both languages (and several others besides) Complaining about Snowball not showing up here might be like complaning that Steve never bothers to visit the Urdu language CM forum. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...