You will not fool me!

Hello gentlemen ( assuming in this wargame universe no lady hides behind any of those unambiguous avatar names around)!:eek:

So after more than 5 years waiting for our Global release, I feel this general plot on the Battlefront forum to make us believe the REAL game is already out and has been available for play and actually played for about a week by all these guys showing no credentials is an insult to our intelligence. I remember all the previous similar attempts to make fun of us, true wargamers, where, naive that I am, I bought everything said here and rushed to my computer to order my Global SC game. You won't get me this time. So for heaven's sake, would someone talk seriously here about Global, the most awaited wargame of the year? ;)

Come on mc, what is this? Are you sure you're the real masterclaude or is this some charade, you know what this is, its SC2 fuctioning as a global unit, Terif style.;)

The only difference is this one really works, unlike that old patched one, so join in and let's see if we can get Hubert to consider the adjustments to make it SC3. Its only money........and you can't take it with you!:P

In the shiny sky of Canada (with all our gold medals from Vancouver 2010!) I say to the rest of the world : Now we, wargamers, got at last one potential Olympic discipline in the name of Strategic Command WW2 Global Conflict, the only strategic wargame combining the depth and playability required for a world wide intertaining brain meeting on the Web. My suggestion? Let’s lobby around to get our game officially part of the next London 2012 big show!

Sir Sea Monkey , I hope you’ll defend USA honor over there unless some other players dare challenge you ( who would?) In the mean time a warm up may be necessary so let’s go for some smaller championship. As soon as I got my darn credit card security issue fixed ( still waiting for master card customer tech service), I buy the game and yes, I am the real one finally resurecting like a pheonix with some feathers lost in the way , not quite a master though!

I knew you would be the one to answer my provocative entry in matter and I am glad to say again you are right: this game captures the best of SC1 without giving away too much the fundamentals of a realistic model. It is the right path for our entertainment and for sound business as well.

We know, from innumerable discussion here, that Global had to be what it is now, I mean, above all, a playable game, specially by pbem not to mention the need for a credible AI opponent. All this would have been impossible in a timely manner, if Sir Hubert, willing to please everyone, would have tried to include the Thousand requests registered over the past years. Now, as he put it himself, he has to wait for the consumer response to get the right direction, right niche with his product. Should he bring more chrome? More features? More scenarios? Well, with 2 babies in your hands, Sir hubert, you deserve a good rest and congratulations for both the genetic coded one, the most important and the Eiffel coded one that will, for sure, have a long and prosperous life too judging by the renewed activity on this forum.

I invite players to submit AAR with screenshots. This a powerful learning tool for newbees and extremely good teaser. Every time I saw one I couldn’t help but putting my helmet on and dive into the fight!

Now! Have fun!

Masterclaude

Come on mc, what is this? Are you sure you're the real masterclaude or is this some charade, you know what this is, its SC2 fuctioning as a global unit, Terif style.;)

The only difference is this one really works, unlike that old patched one, so join in and let's see if we can get Hubert to consider the adjustments to make it SC3. Its only money........and you can't take it with you!:P

Nice job Seamonkey did you have to get him emoting like a senator during a filibuster.:confused: You better get over to the Alamo again and clean out the squatters from you know where, thats if you have nothing else to do.

Bo

Hello gentlemen

Here is masterclaude.

I am afraid my starting joke might have misled some people and , while my faked grumpiness was somehow badly worded none of my first statements were in any way shooting at anyone for I am obviously a Global fan and a SC2 supporter ( like you Sir Kuniworth since we share so many things... but not the one you fantasy about : I’m not your lord!)

I guess my joke was not transparent enough and probably out of place, period. So, if Mr Cater feels it was innapropriate, unacceptable or simply stupid, he can delete the whole thread for it looks like generating overeactions( quite revealing, to say the least!)

By the way, Sir Bowenw, even wargame forums have theirs squatters but, I can live with any post of yours, so don’t worry, I will spare you.

Here is my humble views. I reiterate what I said last year, in full respect of all opinions : This Global release is what we need in its present shape. Is it clear enough? Need some drawing? No? Good kids! I’m proud of you all.

We have already shown over the past year why the OOB, the map and new mechanisms should be limited. Hubert kept it that way and was absolutly right to do so considering the time constraint for players ( who wants to spend 2 hours a turn?) or brain overheating by hundreds of parameters thrown in the way of every tactical decision.( Play War in pacific admiral edition, you’ll get the point!)

As a conclusion, I admit I have to work a bit on my humour style and will behave myself just like from now on many other forum contributors ( including squatters) should do as well for the sake of whatever dignity they might claim.

Now,

let's enjoy the game

Masterclaude

Hello gentlemen

Here is masterclaude.

I am afraid my starting joke might have misled some people and , while my faked grumpiness was somehow badly worded none of my first statements were in any way shooting at anyone for I am obviously a Global fan and a SC2 supporter ( like you Sir Kuniworth since we share so many things... but not the one you fantasy about : I’m not your lord!)

I guess my joke was not transparent enough and probably out of place, period. So, if Mr Cater feels it was innapropriate, unacceptable or simply stupid, he can delete the whole thread for it looks like generating overeactions( quite revealing, to say the least!)

By the way, Sir Bowenw, even wargame forums have theirs squatters but, I can live with any post of yours, so don’t worry, I will spare you.

Here is my humble views. I reiterate what I said last year, in full respect of all opinions : This Global release is what we need in its present shape. Is it clear enough? Need some drawing? No? Good kids! I’m proud of you all.

We have already shown over the past year why the OOB, the map and new mechanisms should be limited. Hubert kept it that way and was absolutly right to do so considering the time constraint for players ( who wants to spend 2 hours a turn?) or brain overheating by hundreds of parameters thrown in the way of every tactical decision.( Play War in pacific admiral edition, you’ll get the point!)

As a conclusion, I admit I have to work a bit on my humour style and will behave myself just like from now on many other forum contributors ( including squatters) should do as well for the sake of whatever dignity they might claim.

Now,

let's enjoy the game

Masterclaude

Dear Masterclaude or whatever the squatter remark had nothing to do with you or yours it is an understanding that SeaMonkey and I have about the Alamo, so I really dont need you to spare me of your wonderful humor bring it on:D and please talk to us dumb posters in laymans language so we dont have to guess what you are talking about.

Bo

Ah Ha, I knew it mc, although I'll admit....but only for a moment was I taken in by your jesting and jousting, I recognize a true wargamer when I read their posts, even being a bit opaque sewn with sarcasm cannot diminish my clarity.:D

And of course Brother Bo our annual pilgrimage to the sacred sight in celebration of Texas Independence has once again cleansed our Alamo of the detractors, but I fear their return as they only displaced themselves to Washington DC temporarily. Even now, their squatting weight slowly extracts the freedom of choice, ever so slowly, from responsible humans inhabiting this planet, always masqerading in the game "Its for the greater good".;)

Beware my fellow SC players, hone your skills with great attention for the "Alliance of Evil" is upon us!:eek:

Ah Ha, I knew it mc, although I'll admit....but only for a moment was I taken in by your jesting and jousting, I recognize a true wargamer when I read their posts, even being a bit opaque sewn with sarcasm cannot diminish my clarity.:D

And of course Brother Bo our annual pilgrimage to the sacred sight in celebration of Texas Independence has once again cleansed our Alamo of the detractors, but I fear their return as they only displaced themselves to Washington DC temporarily. Even now, their squatting weight slowly extracts the freedom of choice, ever so slowly, from responsible humans inhabiting this planet, always masqerading in the game "Its for the greater good".;)

Beware my fellow SC players, hone your skills with great attention for the "Alliance of Evil" is upon us!:eek:

Good lord SeaMonkey you are starting to sound like whatshisname above please spare me.:confused:

Bo

Drat! I missed this grrrrreat discussion y'all had without me again. Maybe next time. Don't any of you work during the day? :D

Anyway Kuni, I asked this a few months ago and I'll ask it again: who's Garlord again? :D

Or maybe "masterclaude" can tell us.....;)