Update 1.2.4

First step is to update the autoupdater (sorry the pun :)). It's optional, but highly recommended for future updates:

Download and unzip this small 68Kb archive (http://www.1cpublishing.eu/tow2/AutoUpdater.zip) to game folder, overwriting existing files.

Second step: Just run the game or autoupdater itself and click the 'Update' button. It will download the 1.2.4 patch and install it in silent mode. Wait for the install to finish and verify that it was successful by clicking 'Play' and checking the game version number in main menu.

1.2.4 Changes:

========================

- Recon unit crews (Sdkfz. 222, Sdkfz. 232, BA-64) and scouts now have 50-100 Scouting skill

- Difference in visibility and audibility between silent and firing units increased

- Soldiers shouldn't throw grenades if there are friendlies near the target, running from a grenade is prioritized

- Visibility recaclulation delay decreased

- Unit with 'Hold fire' mode turned on won't engage the enemy on it's own, but will fire at the target assigned manually by you

- A couple of AI errors were found and fixed

- Soldiers with automatic weapons now fire in shorter bursts

- Player soldiers wouldn't constantly man an empty gun in generated scenarios

In addition, the patch contains the user manual in PDF format. Use the shortcut or double-click the file directly to read it.

If you want to save the patch for future re-installs (avoiding the download) the patch is located at:

C:\Program Files\Battlefront\1C Company\users\Patches

Sneaksie, the update windows, after successfully patch installation, remains open, without any button to close it. To exit, you have to click the X in the upper right corner of the window.

The infantry in trench behaviour is totally broken in my opinion. Soldiers dont shoot out of the trenches and when I ambushed a trench all my soldiers attack 3 to 4 russian infantry with their hands and they fight 10 minuetes and nothing happens. They are STILL FIGHTING WITH HANDS!!!! Nothing happens nobody wins the fight?!

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxhnqARRq0o

20h2b8n.jpg

Same thing here: I had three soldiers attacking a russian in hand to hand combat with no result even after more than 5 minutes struggling. In the end, I decided to force them to separate by having a tank driving over them. The russian finally stopped fighting, and moved away, trying not to be crushed, and was shot by smg fire.

• 3 weeks later...

Archmoco - did you update the 'autoupdater' ? If you didn't, you may want to download it and install it and THEN attempt the 1.2.4 update. The error you're getting sounds like either the download was corrupt and/or the patch didn't install properly. The patch itself is approximately 33.7MB in size (it gets downloaded by the autoupdate).

Do you run the game with a right-click and selecting 'Run as administrator' ? That may be necessary to make sure that the patch installs properly with all of the necessary permissions.

Archmoco - did you update the 'autoupdater' ? If you didn't, you may want to download it and install it and THEN attempt the 1.2.4 update. The error you're getting sounds like either the download was corrupt and/or the patch didn't install properly. The patch itself is approximately 33.7MB in size (it gets downloaded by the autoupdate).

Do you run the game with a right-click and selecting 'Run as administrator' ? That may be necessary to make sure that the patch installs properly with all of the necessary permissions.

Whats up with the patch. I updated the autoupdater and run it as administrator. It downloads the patch but when it tries to update the game it says "Error: patch has failed to initialize"! :mad:

I also tried to run the patch alone without autoupdater as admin but it still doesnt work!!! Is the patch file corrupted?

• 2 weeks later...

after initial installation Tow2 Kurks, the games and the map editor works very well, but not the mission editor and neither the auto update (windows has encountered a problem and needs to close)

I proceeded to replace the file "auto update" 214ko by the "auto update" and 208ko file "ru" 1.0.0.0 by the "ru" 1.0.0.2 as stated in the forum. and there the game stopped working.

after 3 uninstall and reinstall the game, always the same problem.

I have also tried to manually install the patch 1.2.4_EN_Battlefront, as indicated in the forum, but I restart the game I'm still in 1.2.2

awaiting your reply for a solution, thank you

• 3 weeks later...

I have bought the game and installed it. DOwnloaded the patch but when i run the autoupdater, it downloads the patch and then gives me an error saying that the patch did not initialize ?????

• 4 weeks later...