Thoroughly upset no artillery units! They are the lynchpin of attacks or defense!

I am thoroughly upset in this new version lacking artillery units! They are the lynchpin of attacks and defense! Please administrators put out a patch that puts artillery back into the mix! Just tanks, infantry, and air units are boring! Artillery made all the difference much needed! I didn't even get the demo as I have always loved all the previous versions, but totally upset and wouldn't have bought had I know artillery was excluded from this version!

I have not played SC series enough to know, but can we mod some artillery in by changing stats of another unit? It is surprising that the latest and greatest version is dropping units instead of adding them. I wonder why this decision was made?

weasel23, there are two ways to easily add Artillery to the Global Conflict:

1) Play with Soft Build Limits enabled via the Advanced Options dialog

2) Open the Editor and increase the Build limits for the desired countries and for the desired unit types and save it as a custom campaign.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

I am thoroughly upset in this new version lacking artillery units! They are the lynchpin of attacks and defense! Please administrators put out a patch that puts artillery back into the mix! Just tanks, infantry, and air units are boring! Artillery made all the difference much needed! I didn't even get the demo as I have always loved all the previous versions, but totally upset and wouldn't have bought had I know artillery was excluded from this version!

Weasel not to be mean or anything like that but bon voyage to artillery units they take up space and they could not hit the proverbial barn door, I dont think I ever lost a point getting hit with artillery.:rolleyes:

Bo

Actually if you park artillery units in the right deployment they can become monsters after awhile. Think about it, their only nemesis is air and they can attack without losses, over and over again. With upgrades and experience, grouped together.........well...all I can say is you better deal with them right away if your opponent embarks upon that build formula.

In every SC game with a campaign (not scenario) neither the AA, the Artillery or the AT make any sense, i have to agree.

A completly different matter would it have been if it would have be possible to purchase AA, Artillery or AT improvements for any land unit (something like a "10" tank unit with Artillery strength "1" out of 3 [all numbers just as examples] and an AA strength of "0" [out of 3], somthing like the way carriers work [hull and airforce strength].

Weasel not to be mean or anything like that but bon voyage to artillery units they take up space and they could not hit the proverbial barn door, I dont think I ever lost a point getting hit with artillery.:rolleyes:

Bo

But you definately lost Entrenchment (x2), morale and rediness which was the whole point of artillery.

It would certainly help Japan dislodge the fully entrenched Chinese.

I like that it is available when soft limits are enabled, its low stats and no tec upgrades are fine as long as it de entrenches and hurts morale/rediness

I think it's a good decision. On the scale of this game they are a bit out of place.

Sure, fun to use, but often a bit über and utterly unrealistic.

I agree. The SSI Panzer General series, which was on a similar strategy scale, use to include them as their own units separate from Infantry units but the use of them became a bit routine.

Basically you just ringed a city or fortified unit with infantry then pounded them with artillery and you had a magic solution to all fortified position conquests. I didn't leave for too much creative strategic thinking.

The only worry was defending the artillery as it was easy for an enemy tank unit to wipe out and also protecting them with AA guns from enemy aircraft.

Artillery is great since it was introduced in the WaW-bundle. I don't want to miss it. But there is a strange bug in my Global Conflict game. I bought japanese artillery to fight the Chinese and when fireing I always get rocket sound, doesn't matter if it's attacking or defending. What a bug - it's making me nuts!

Ah yes, this is because we only have the USSR with modded artillery so they have the Katyusha rocket sound.

What you can do is go into your SC GC installation directory and navigate to the Campaigns folder. From there you will need to go to the 1939 World At War campaign subfolder. If you open the campaign.ini file you just need to change the line that says #CUSTOM_SOUND= 1 to #CUSTOM_SOUND= 0 and then the normal artillery sounds will play.

We know we can count on you to get it right Nupe. Take your time, we're just trying to get a handle on the new features, sure do like that new Amphib mechanics.

Oh yeah ... now that I remember it...I had a couple of Russian amphibs parked in the Black Sea for multiple turns and didn't observe their morale or readiness degrade at all.

They just stormed ashore in Turkey like they had been staying at the Marriot getting room service for a few months.

I will need to playtest it won't be right out of the gate. I am done except for partisans, which I am just finding annoying to do. That is something that could be scripted better - for example if we could have something like a random unit appearing anywhere in occupied territory at a certain % (like 1% or 2%) that would be easier to script and more realistic. But, as it stands, I have to do a lot to get it work right... plus of course I kind of want to wait a few more days until my new PC arrives. Again, the old PC doesn't cut it the video is too heavy to handle.

I tell you what, I have the greatest respect for you scenario makers, I've done one in SC2 and it is not an easy task. Its enjoyable and the mechanics are not hard to grasp but it can be tedious and then the real work starts.....playtesting....and adjusting........and playtesting........and adjusting.......and...well I think we get the idea!:rolleyes: