Where, and why: UK amphib embarkement

How can i make out where my amphibs will embark in situations like this (of course the amphib embarked on the "wrong" side, as i wanted to sail toward the westm not the east):

ww.jpg

The unit now sitting on board the amphib in the firth of forth started from the circled tile. I wanted to send it to the port of glasgow.

Try and (expensive) error, or is there an understandable rule or help where i can see which way my units will choose?

Shouldn't i be able to choose which port i want to use???

(GC)

Xwormwood you cant choose where the unit embarks from.I mentioned this before and I hope its fixed in the Global game and is a patch for these games.I guess the only way to''choose''where the unit embarks from is to place ships in all the other tiles possible that you dont want the unit to embark from and leave open only the spot where you do want it to embark from.

Hi Xwormwood,

Looks like a bit of a bug in my code that keeps checking and does not end as soon as the first check passes, i.e. as checks start with the diagonals such as North East then South East and go clockwise followed by North, East, South West etc., I will correct this and it would indeed favour Glasgow next time around but this will only really improve the situation for you there and not necessarily in other areas where a location on the left would have been more desirable etc.

Hubert