Editor Global Conflict

Hi there,

I have two issues and I guess at least one bug.

1) I make a new campaign and anything seems good in the editor itself. The scripts work and I see the convoy routes I made. When I start over no convoy route displays on the map. What is wrong?

2) If I select one or two nations in the country data I receive a message and the editor crashed: Failed (country_data_dialog: draw_unit_orientation)

1) Not completely sure but the Editor does a different set of checks than in game, as in game the checks are more strict as to what are valid convoys. So in theory the Editor should at least show the convoy routes better than the game but I wonder if the Editor later found them to be invalid. If you try and reload the convoy scripts in the Script dialog do they show up again. Also I would try and see if they load in game as well just to see if there is a difference.

2) The only thing I can think of is if you are putting together a custom campaign and are using a custom unit bitmap that does not conform to the same size as the one that comes with the default Global campaign. Could this be the case?

1) I worked on the convoy.txt and made some changes. A bid strange but finally the convoy routes appears on the map too.

2) I take the map “Fall Weiss” from WaW with all settings that are possible. The game still crashes if I choose the wrong nation. But not that bad cause the Mod works fine.

This is all likely if you are using incompatible bitmaps... I would take a look at the unit, flag and other key sprite bitmaps and make sure they are the same dimensions as the ones used for Global, if not then you need to update them accordingly as otherwise it will cause these types of crashes.

All this is saying is if let's say WaW has 30 flags (I don't know these exact number off hand) and Global is looking for the 60th flag then it will crash because it cannot find it.

Hubert

• 2 weeks later...

A small issue and hope of some help.

When I go to the country properties in the editor where the flaggs are shown. In my Mod I see an ugly white edge around my imported national flaggs. The bmp itself looks similar to other bmps. How could I remove the white edges in the national flaggs for the minor countries?

First thing you need to do is make sure that the pixel at 0,0, i.e. the top left hand corner is pure white. This is RGB 255,255,255.

Sometimes it is not if you edit the flag sprites and then mirror it and the flag pole now occupies this pixel. After that simply make sure that all the white in the file, i.e. the white portion that you don't want to show up in the game, is in fact pure white as well as otherwise it will not be ignored when rendering to the Editor or game etc.

Now it works, thank you.

I am sorry but I have a new problem. I made a new Mod and move all values from WaW Fall Weiss to GC Fall Weiss. And it works fine with some customizing. But:

1) My Naval Forces ALWAYS have a supply level of 10? Never less than 10. What is up?

2) One additional thing, now I have Egypt with a city supply level of 10. I want my old level of 5. But don't know how to reduce it to 5.

1) We introduced a new naval supply rule starting with the Pacific that will have a naval unit always in max supply when in range with ports, same as before, but once it leaves this range supply will only be reduced via combat which can be edited in the Editor under Edit Combat Data. This was needed to facilitate naval engagements like Midway and Pearl Harbor etc.

2) Not sure, is the city an Industrial Center or a Supply Center as listed in the Country Data in the Editor?