voice and sound messages

MG TOW

Just a slight rant at all games in general not taking advantage audio to provide info to the player.

In one of the close combats (2 I think?) if a squad leader was killed, a voice could be heard yelling "sarge"! If it was a platoon leader "lieutenant"! If a squaddie got shot by a sniper, audio voices would actually exclaim "sniper!". As a bit of a joke they also threw in a "kowalski!" everytime this actual U.S. soldier in a squad named kowalski got killed.

This could be expanded on to provide auditory information to the player rather than reading whats going on. Such as "2nd squad just lost half its men"....."stuart tank taking effective fire"....."MG42!"

Instead of having voices randomly exclaim things like "there's too many" or groan and wince they should actually state something useful. there are text messages, I know, but i never think to look there, too busy looking at the environment.

It's true that I miss the clues that the soldiers where giving in CC. There is a few audio messages delivered by the soldiers in ToW that are usefull too, but the feedback they're giving is either too vague (like "there is too many", or the shrieks of the soldiers panicking) or inaudible when being too far away from the action.

It would be nice if the soldiers would give us more feedback on some other occasions, like when they can't shoot at an ennemy they see (in a tank, commander optics being positionned higher will allow ennemy line of sight, but not line of fire for the gun, or gun can't be elevated or depressed enough to allow shooting at a visible target)