T-Minus When?

Hi Snowstorm,

The timing is perfect. The agency's managers are on a hiatus this week and well........ let the games begin!

Yes the timing is perfect. The Winter Olympics are finally over (Canada rocked!) and life can begin again, especially here in Vancouver. Back to SC! Looking forward to it.

Yes, this is still the case. How much earlier than the general public varies from case to case. Sometimes it's only a few hours, sometimes nearly a day.

I cannot say right now when exactly we'll be able to launch. We still have server maintenance going on since yesterday and we'll have a date once that is over.

Martin

As You know, we look forward to this release.

And that is why we are pushing.

It happens sometimes, when the public knows something really really good is arriving.

Moon, Martin, you've done this well. Civil and informatnional.

I'm not going to push. This creation, this game, i believe, will be good and very good.

And besides, once it's ours to play, there is no timeline.

That spells up to me, compliments. To Hubert for This, and your patience.

With us.

Thanks.

I've exhausted the current Strategic Command 2 Scenario's so I took a step back to the original Strategic Command European Theatre to kill the time as I wait. Gotta say I'm pretty hooked on the old game right now. I found countless scenario's on the internet some of which are damn near impossible to win.

Hi,

Yes, I can hardly wait for the game to be released. I hope when I get home tonight there'll be an email waiting for me if not, I'll continue to be patient. :)

I read the posting under "Who Has Pre-Ordered?" and read from the fella who wants his money back. Where I find his response rude I do question, and forgive me for asking. How long should I be patient? I mean, if we go into May and still haven't got the game then I may have issues then. And if the game isn't out by May does that mean because of the "no refunds" policy I just had $55 stolen from me? Everything I've learned up to now tells me that Fury Software/Battlefront is a reputable company worthy of my business. As a first time customer, I hope I'm not wrong.

Hi,

Yes, I can hardly wait for the game to be released. I hope when I get home tonight there'll be an email waiting for me if not, I'll continue to be patient. :)

I read the posting under "Who Has Pre-Ordered?" and read from the fella who wants his money back. Where I find his response rude I do question, and forgive me for asking. How long should I be patient? I mean, if we go into May and still haven't got the game then I may have issues then. And if the game isn't out by May does that mean because of the "no refunds" policy I just had $55 stolen from me? Everything I've learned up to now tells me that Fury Software/Battlefront is a reputable company worthy of my business. As a first time customer, I hope I'm not wrong.

No need to worry. I've been buying from them for years - it's a very reliable set-up with excellent customer service. When they promise, they deliver, servers permitting ;)

To be honest Hubert suffered some sort of back injury, which hampered the production of this game, because he couldn't sit behind a computer. With that said you now throw into the picture the fact that Moon and other members of the administration staff here at battlefront don't want to get caught with a release when there is maintenance on the server, and you quickly understand why the game's been pushed back.

I believe Hubert placed an estimate somewhere on how far his back injury set him back; I believe it was roughly 6 weeks. So then in the hypothetical of Hubert not being injured the game is put out on the market in early to mid January, and the first patch for it is either released or almost complete, fixing all the problems that come up. This is a course just a hypothetical situation, and life has a way of going down a path you hadn't planned, and this seems abundantly clear to me in the making of SC Global. With all this said believe me battlefront isn't going to rob its customers, just hang in there, I'm sure everyone who wants the game will have it much before May.

The only real question I have about SC, and Hubert is what will they do after this? A while back Moon mentioned Hubert was going to make two expansions, the first was SC PT, and of course the second was SC GC. So where to once you fix SC GC up? That I have absolutely no idea on.

Hey Guys, back to reality for a minute here... :D There's lots of stuff that can be improved upon in SC-GC. I can name several major improvements just based on what we already know. Don't forget about these major deficiencies that have become "the elephant in the room". SC-GC II would:

Have more major countries:

France

Italy

Significant neutrals with the potential to be majors -- certainly not "minors":

Spain (and its Latin American allies)

Sweden

Have Better graphics:

Me109's that look like Me109's :o

More Technologies:

Nuclear Weapons

More Resources:

Oil tracking, e.g. Production, Reserves, Usage

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to knock a great game. However, the idea that there's no where to go after SC-GC is kinda shortsighted. Its got a long way to go, baby! I'm pretty sure this is the start of another thread topic, but I couldn't let the "nowhere to go from here" idea actually go unanswered... ;) (not to mention that the endless back patting is also getting kinda sickening. LOL) :rolleyes:

v/r,

teutonkopf

fuhrer teutonicus

Oh please, we aren't going to start groveling now, are we?

(I can see JJ preparing one of those nifty scanned-in pics right now). ;):D

I'm sure we just have to wait just a wee....bit.....more.

As you wish, Snowstorm. I'll bring this one out of retirement. :)

Link, if picture doesn't show: http://images.art.com/images/-/The-Wizard-of-Oz-Photograph-C10110948.jpeg

"Hubert said come back tomorrow. Or maybe the day after, or maybe the day after that. Yes, it will be ready for you then. Or perhaps next week. Yes, that would be a good time. Or, maybe next ..."

The-Wizard-of-Oz-Photograph-C10110948.jpeg