A Plea to the makers of Theatre of War series

pcelt

I have only "discovered" this series quite recently and have been playing both current titles a lot.

I have been enjoying the experience a great deal and should like to congratulate the development team very much on the quality of the series.

But there is one small but very significant criticism I feel I must raise. Throughout the series you refer the the "English" Army and "English" units. This is not historically or militarily correct---there is no English Army ----the Army is the British Army and indeed many of its most famous regiments are from Scotland, Wales and N.Ireland.

This, of course, is no criticism of the quality of the game at all but I do feel that a game or simulation reflecting historical military conflicts should take some care to be as accurate as possible with its labels and descriptions and names.And to consistently wrongly name one of the major armies in the war and battles being simulated is not really acceptable.

I dont suppose there is much that can be done retrospectively but I would hope that any future titles would correct this error.

Please accept this criticism in the constructive manner in which it is being offered. As I have said I am very much enjoying your games and feel they have a great deal of real quality.

Cheers.

NB On reflection I feel I have over generalised this criticism. The terms UK and British are sometimes used--but I have just spent a couple of weeks using the battle generator of TOW and in this all references in construction of force groups refers to "England" as one of the armies involved and this has coloured my judgment. There is, in fact inconsistency in the terms used as between England, UK and Britain--so what I now feel I should have been urging was for some increased consistency and the consistent use of "British" Army, throughout.

I apoligise for my inadvertant exaggeration of the problem and issue in my initial comments.

Sneaksie--Yes in the Tow and Tow2 Generator the term always used when selecting your army from the list is where "England" is indicated.

Sorry I over-generalised the issue initially but it is in the Generators that the issue really exists.