Version 1.01.5428 Available

Brit

This time, when I start EOS, I let it use all it's defaults for the first try. No problem there. Then I went back to the main menu and tried to setup a game iit hung with the described problem.

Next, I left the program entirely, then came back in and tried creating my normal options. Worked fine. Exited back to the main menu, told it to load last defaults, and then this time it hung.

I get a message in the main area with a red triangle saying "2/3 players connected", or "4/5 players connected"

Options I am using:

1800x1800

map is NOT known

Geography: random

land density: random

cities: random

research rate 80%

2 players. AI player (rommell) veteran

0-3 additional players. skill veteran.

Thanks for the help,

Kevin

This time, when I start EOS, I let it use all it's defaults for the first try. No problem there. Then I went back to the main menu and tried to setup a game iit hung with the described problem.

Next, I left the program entirely, then came back in and tried creating my normal options. Worked fine. Exited back to the main menu, told it to load last defaults, and then this time it hung.

I get a message in the main area with a red triangle saying "2/3 players connected", or "4/5 players connected"

Okay. I was able to reproduce and fix this problem. It's a bug in the 'restore previous settings' system. I'll have it fixed in the next update. In the meanwhile, the way to avoid this problem is to avoid using the 'restore previous settings' button.