a teaser?

Uh, i don't mean to be a smart arse - But perhaps you should just research what happened in Kursk in 43?

Below is the information from the Kursk homepage here on Battlefront. It explains what divisions you will be controlling, and the time frame. From that i'm sure you could find some light reading to pass the time until the game is released.

In Theatre of War 2: Kursk 1943, you control the units of the battle group belonging to German division Grossdeutschland or the forces of the Soviet 67th Guards Rifle Division and 3rd Mechanized Corps, which participated in the defensive stage of the Kursk battle at the south face of the Kursk salient. There are two campaigns – German and Soviet:

* Fiery Salient (forces of the Soviet 6th Guards and 1st Tank Army, July 5-10, 1943)

* Operation Citadel (German division Grossdeutschland Kampfgruppe, July 5-10, 1943)

freeeman, what exactly would you like to know? I mean, knowing in detail what missions await you and what you'll face may spoil your fun. Since everybody here are interested in WWII history and Kursk battle in particular, you know what to expect playing on either side though:)

You might take a look at Kursk: A Statistical Analysis by Zetterling and Frankson. This is a relatively short 250 pg book with everyhing you would want to know. Especially outstanding on order oif battle.

"GD" division was part of XXXXVIII Pz Corps along with 3rd and 11th Pz Divs and most of 167th Inf Div. Added to this corps also was 911th Assault Gun Bn with 31 Stugs. Also attached to "GD" was 39th Pz Rgt with the 2 Abteilungen (51 & 52) with 96 Panthers each (Rgt HQ had 8). During their initial assauly the 332 Inf Div and a Nebelwerfer rgt were assigned.

The corps and "GD" 0n the first day advanced to the northeast and took Novo Cherkasskoye and Olkhovka and reached the outskirts of Dubrova and Lukhanino. The main enemy forces encountered during the day was 3rd MC (52,67,90 GRD).

All total there were 595 tanks and assault guns in this corps. "GD" had 4 Pz II, 28 Pz III, 14 Flamm Pz, 68 Pz IV, 15 Pz IV, 37 Stug, 12 Wespe and 6 Humme.

ok, obviously telling me to look at Kursk is like telling someone interesting in a painting of the mona lisa to studay art history..

What I am asking actually was details on the two campaiegns..

are they modable?

can we adjust dates and times.. or do we only get two groups of missions and the generator?

thanks for this looking forward to it..

Well if Africa was anything to go by, we will be given the groups of missions for each playable force, with varying date/times that the specific battles occured on.

The missions themselves should be moddable, though for information on that you'll need to speak with someone capable of doing such things.

I recall people saying they were able to simply(well it may of been difficult..) edit a mission and add extra vehicles to make it easier to win.

There was also a balance mod which added vehicles, mostly for the brits but a couple extras for Germany/America too. Which means if people are willing/able, we might see additional units in time.

As for the generator, with Africa we were given the option of making our battle within the time frame of the African campaign, so i would assume it'll be the same with Kursk.

Also we'll hopefully have freedom when choosing what units are featured in our custom-made missions so it should create quite a bit of replay-ability.