Strange problem with CMBB and CMBO:

I have a Dell Dimension 8200 and have the extremely frustrating problem mentioned in the "Attn: Dell Owners!" thread. Clock goes funky (displays **** like 0:0-1286), FWD ceases to function properly, soldiers stand perfectly erect at start, soldier movement animations go all wacky, as do tree animations, yet otherwise the game seems to function normally. Once it happens(and it does not happen consistently, just after playing for several days), I find I have to completely reinstall in the game to get it to work. I've already reinstalled CMBB twice so far. I also recall having this problem with CMBO on my old Dell. No other game on my system seems to be affected. BTS, is there any solution to this problem???

Apparently, if you leave your computer powered on and booted up for 45 minutes or longer before playing CM this problem doesn't occur. Beyond that I don't think there is a convenient solution yet. Updating video drivers has worked for some people in the past, but I don't think this ends up being a solution on the Dells (and a couple of other brands).

[ October 09, 2002, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

(Repost)

Is there any official word on this oddity from BFC?

Actually I don't think that this is just a Dell issue. I have a duel PIII 500 that is a self built

system that exibits this behavior. Usually when I hit FWD durning a movie playback. I have

some screens of the clock oddity.

Rob W