Question re Battle Generated games

pcelt

i have been creating and playing a variety of small scale battles v the computer.

These have all been very interesting and successful except for 1 feature ---related to the programming of air support for the computer side.

I have successfully programmed and called up air support for the side I was controlling but am finding it difficult to get the computer controlled side to use the air support I have programmed in for it to use.

For example in the last battle I generated between a British infantry force defending a village and a German attack group I gave the attacking German infantry air support in the form a 3 stuka group --programming for them a 1min delay and a 4 min time period for attack. But this air support never appeared.

I am wondering if others have used this generator and successfully programmed in air support for the computer controlled force---if so what type of delay and time period inputs worked.

I am finding the battle generator a really useful tool for setting up a whole variety of small scale encounters and would like to be able to integrate the air support factor into the computer force capablity.

Thanks for any feedback ,thoughts or ideas on this.

Thanks for that thought. I will also give a bit more thought to my positioning of the air support base to try and avoid the need to overfly mountains en route to target area I am designating.

More to this High Command role than meets the eye---actually feel much more at home as an infantry section leader-though I guess my men wouldnt feel too relaxed about that either.......