For series vets- questions about SC2GC

Hi,

I played I think the original SC or SC2, including some mods that were I thought good - one was all of Europe with a hugely blown up map that gave a lot more room for manuever. This was pretty good I think. I'll refer to SC2-squares as hexes below fyi.

I also played a mod that was global but there were so few hexes and mobility was so limited in particular in Asia that if I remember right units would literally get stuck and not be able to move a lot of the time, or maybe move a single hex. It was a little goofy not to have more hexes to manuever in so didn't work that well for the global mod.

What do series vets think are big improvements in SC2GC? What are you looking forward to w/ the new game?

Any thoughts on improvements and how well a global scenario can work? Will there be enough hexes to have some manuever?

Really looking forward to that, Nupremal. :cool:

Now if only we could get GC released....;):D

JJD:

I think the global mod you're talking about having trouble with was the Global patch that came along not too long ago for the earlier SC2: Blitzkrieg game. It was probably kind of a prototype for the bigger, more detailed and improved GC we are all waiting for now.

well, I am creating a map of the world at 512x256 - or have - just finishing the scripting. Will be lots of maneuver room. It will be very good.

Lots of countries

More what if

better naval warfare

etc.

Looking forward to your mod Nup hope it has an AI.

Bo

sorry I know everyone wants AI but I barely will be able to do it in time without ai - anyone want to volunteer?

YES! I think i can help you out now. I almost finished the "Controversial-Global-Campaign", while when i started to copypaste the AI's i had no clue how and why and when they fire. Now the Game runs fine in AI vs. AI mode, so if you want, i can introduce these ones to your MOD as well.

Maybe we interchange some email before you post it, so i'll have a look as well ? Allways good to double check skripts...:D

Nupremal or Global Team: Is there anything more than can be done with automating sea transport?

The problem with Pacific and world mods is the amount of time it takes to shuttle sea transports and most of the time these will not be intercepted. Transfer arrows help but prevent interception.

What we really need is to specify a transport will follow a convoy route (unless you choose it not to) and keep moving this way until intercepted, it reaches the target port or you give it new orders.

This would smooth game play hugely. Nupremal's old mod is superb but I rather felt I spent half the game moving units from UK and US to Far East.

I also played a mod that was global but there were so few hexes and mobility was so limited in particular in Asia that if I remember right units would literally get stuck and not be able to move a lot of the time, or maybe move a single hex.

Hi JJD

One big change that has been introduced is that units no longer get stuck like that, which makes the game a lot more fun in areas of rough terrain and poor supply.

Significant changes from my point of view, and I'm bound to have forgotten some, include the ability to easily see where enemy partisans are likely to appear, more pop ups providing more information than before, quicker graphics, and decision events which allow for far more flexibility during the game.

The Battle of the Atlantic is much more prominent than in previous games too, meaning that Germany can virtually bring the UK economy to its knees if it chooses to pursue this strategy vigorously, and the UK fails to counter it effectively.

As to the Global scenarios themselves, there is so much more strategic scope than in all previous games that I doubt that any two games will be alike. Exhausting the list of possible strategies is going to take a lot of games! :)