Bring back CMx1

spartan88

They need to bring back CMx1, these(CMx2) games are too narrow in scope, if I want a RTS game I will just go buy one of the quality games out there. They should have stuck to what they were good at and keep improving CMx1. I wish they could sell the rights to it and let someone else develope it. :(

He does have a point and just like I like to play TOAW3 and the cmbb games. I like the games and i would like to see a component in the game where you could find a opponent very easily like you can on Steam and Xfire. The new Battlefield Bad Company will have this. All the games are fine, I still like cmbb and not really getting into the kursk game , i like the WEGO system

He does have a point and just like I like to play TOAW3 and the cmbb games. I like the games and i would like to see a component in the game where you could find a opponent very easily like you can on Steam and Xfire. The new Battlefield Bad Company will have this. All the games are fine, I still like cmbb and not really getting into the kursk game , i like the WEGO system

It does not have to be an either/or situation. CMBO, CMBB, CMAK and CMSF are all fine games. You can enjoy one, many or all of them. They all have their strengths and weaknesses and none is the pinnacle of wargaming (although CMx2 is clearly superior ;)). I play both CMBB and CMSF and enjoy them for what they are: fun, enjoyable wargames.

Whether someones prefers CMx1 or CMx2 is immaterial, but these threads where posters try to prove that CMx1 is superior to CMx2 are so 2005...:).

Huhr, if you are looking for opponents for CMBB, there are many right here or you could also check out WeBoB http://www.webandofbrothers.de/ . Its a great club and we are always looking for new members.

It does not have to be an either/or situation. CMBO, CMBB, CMAK and CMSF are all fine games. You can enjoy one, many or all of them. They all have their strengths and weaknesses and none is the pinnacle of wargaming (although CMx2 is clearly superior ;)). I play both CMBB and CMSF and enjoy them for what they are: fun, enjoyable wargames.

Whether someones prefers CMx1 or CMx2 is immaterial, but these threads where posters try to prove that CMx1 is superior to CMx2 are so 2005...:).

Only old farts like CMx1, I prefer the twitchy-ness and sexy graphics of CMx2 RTS. Ltr dudez, im gonna go pwn noobz syrians.

Forget CMx1, dump everything and build a new 'Pong'. Pong was the absolute perfect game, I idolize Pong. All other games are so... limited

You old foghy everyone knows Pac-Man was the best tactical game then, Pac-man was hardcore and ate Pongs for breakfast.:DBring back Pac-man, I loved using the old feint tactic.

They need to bring back CMx1, these(CMx2) games are too narrow in scope, if I want a RTS game I will just go buy one of the quality games out there. They should have stuck to what they were good at and keep improving CMx1. I wish they could sell the rights to it and let someone else develope it

RTS? You should go and post at Gamesquad. There you will find yourself surrounded by people who who share all the sentiments you've just expressed in your post. There, you can happily spend the next two-three years of your life trash talking CMSF and making factually inaccurate posts like this and they won't disagree with you. Heaven.

Its simply the best game in its genre

Not trying to pick a fight or anything, but I'm curious about this statement. How would you define the genre? I consider CMSF/CMx2 to be sui generis, in a class by itself. The only other games that I would remotely consider being in the same genre would be the CMx1 games. And I think that that is a stretch because of the subject matter difference. Of course if you wanted to make that stretch, I suppose that you could include Eric Young's Squad Assault/GI Combat in the genre, but that wouldn't really be a charitable comparison.