My first impression

joeroma

As we are busy daydreaming about modules what about a WW2 Pacific series ?

Module 1 : USA : 1941-1943 Mostly defensive

Module 2 : UK : 1941-1943 Mostly defensive

Module 3 : ANZAC 1941-1945

Module 4 : Dutch, Special Forces 1941-1945

Module 5 : USA : 1943-1945 Offensive

Module 6 : UK : 1943-1945 Offensive

Module 7 : Japan 1941-1943 Offensive

Module 8 : Japan 1943-1945 Defensive

Or what about Korea...

Or the smaller/other Axis partners (especially Italy for example).

Or ANZACS in the desert campaigns of WW2?

Or even WW1 ?

Well that was fun. Lets assume BFC grants my wishes... then I will have excellent games to play untill I am at least 50 !!

WWI would look fantastic rendered in CMx2 engine, especially the tanks, I'd really like to see it, and I think it would be very do-able due to the primitive modern warfare, everything would already be simulated if you have WWII done. But I suspect stalemate warfare wouldn't be tactically so wonderful.

You'd have to expand the artillery menu until it became the core of the game, and infantry would only be allowed one order and one waypoint - move.

It's kind of crazy but I think it would be a fun little game for a brief time, and may even sell ok on novelty value.

As we are busy daydreaming about modules what about a WW2 Pacific series ?

Module 1 : USA : 1941-1943 Mostly defensive

Module 2 : UK : 1941-1943 Mostly defensive

Module 3 : ANZAC 1941-1945

Module 4 : Dutch, Special Forces 1941-1945

Module 5 : USA : 1943-1945 Offensive

Module 6 : UK : 1943-1945 Offensive

Module 7 : Japan 1941-1943 Offensive

Module 8 : Japan 1943-1945 Defensive

Or what about Korea...

Or the smaller/other Axis partners (especially Italy for example).

Or ANZACS in the desert campaigns of WW2?

Or even WW1 ?

Well that was fun. Lets assume BFC grants my wishes... then I will have excellent games to play untill I am at least 50 !!

I think I can detect a flaw in your wishlist. It appears an enemy to fight against doesn't come about until Module 7!

;)

Regards

KR

Vietnam would have the advantage of no dramatic change of seasons and not much by way of uniform changes over time. So theoretically it wouldn't have to be be split into seperate 'titles'. What would be logical places to chop it up into modules? Perhaps the Australians can get their own module. :) If by 'cover the Vietnam war' you mean recerate every firefight it might take 15 modules, but by firefight scenario #500 we might be a bit burned-out with the game.

I am talking basically with the limited scope in troop variety of the cmx2 games covering a war that lasted 25+ years and had troops from 10+ countries involved at various times would need quite a few modules.

whats really needed is improved CQB for clearing rooms etc, the units still do some VERY silly things when room clearing, even to the extent sqauds lose 4 men when they could have easily just taken the shot. They also throw greandes unessearly and also the insurgnts tend to just stare at the enemy and not shoot when the enemy comes in.

Sorry if that sounds like a rant but I hope battlefront considers impoving this for the new CM Afgan :)

From what BFC have said, CM:BB covered too much time and too many weapons/nations to be financially viable.

They have to split the game into modules so that they can maintain cash-flow. It also allows them to put more effort into a smaller area. Things like more detailed models, better and more maps (since the maps are more detailed, auto-generate doesn't work so well.)

I am surprised that Korea is not mentioned more.

Module 1 - Initial invasion to Inchon - US forces vs N Korea

Module 2 - Inchon to Crossing of Partition - US Marines

Module 3 - Partition Line to Chinese Intervention - S Korean and UN Forces

Module 4 - Chinese Intervention til Stalemate - Chinese & upgrade of US Forces

I have always wanted to see Bazookas vs T35/85s. A guy can dream.

And then after Korea, the Axis minors 1940-45 with special highlights for the Finns.

• 4 weeks later...