I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Some Screen

BTW, will we be able to order CM:AF directly via the BF store?

Yep, here's a quote from the front page:

CM Afghanistan is currently in development and is expected to be ready for release in Q2 this year, 2010. It will be available in retail throughout Eastern Europe directly from Snowball, and in an english version worldwide only from www.battlefront.com/afghanistan!

Some posts on the website date back to Nov 09! Why only show them now?

Because if we had released them Nov 2009 we would have had to endure endless questions for the past 4 months why there are no new updates. :) We feel comfortable officially announcing the game now that the last couple of development roadblocks have been removed, and the game is on track for a release in Q2.

Martin

In beta screenshot #35 you see PPSh's. I didnt know they used those in 79. I do not know too much about this conflict. Lots to learn.

PPSh-41s are shown in the hands of Afghan Army soldiers.

BTW there's also a Muj with what appears to be an FN FAL rifle in screenshot #1.

Regards,

Amedeo

Remember Britain ruled India/Pakistan for two centuries before departing so the 'old rifles stored in police stations' throughout that region would be Enfield. Enfields against AKs. An interesting concept, depending on the engagement range. I wouldn't want the Enfield in room-to-room fighting, but mountaintop to valley floor fighting?

I knew a guy who had traveled in Afghanistan during the late '60s. He said the natives (at least the males) were all armed to the teeth and very polite. He also said that some of them were still carrying flintlocks (although he could have been mistaken; they could have been percussion locks). My impression was that the Afghans never threw anything away that could still propel a bullet in the right direction.

Michael

I knew a guy who had traveled in Afghanistan during the late '60s. He said the natives (at least the males) were all armed to the teeth and very polite. He also said that some of them were still carrying flintlocks (although he could have been mistaken; they could have been percussion locks). My impression was that the Afghans never threw anything away that could still propel a bullet in the right direction.

Michael

Weapons are a material expression of strength. Very valuable in all forms.

Screenshots are hot ****! Can't wait!

Friggin' beautiful!

They're Lee Enfields. A very common weapon there, before the "AK flooding".

Regards,

Amedeo

If I recall correctly, as per the book "Charlie Wilson's War", CIA wanted only Enfeilds, at first. I forget exactly why at the moment. I think it was mostly because of logistics though. They didnt want the Muhajadeens to have Ak's. Like I said...at first.

gunnersman,

Not too difficult to figure out: common, hence unlikely to excite comment, familiar, plays to traditional Afghani strengths in marksmanship while keeping the Muj out of the worst of the Russian weapon envelope, reduces ammo resupply requirements compared to automatic weapons.

Moon,

Tried twice to get to Media Files but keeps timing out. NO problem getting the main site to work.

Regards,

John Kettler