sprites

Yeah this works but it's a pain. Copying&pasting the 3D sprites is easy enough but you also have to mod the highlights file which is a little more tricky. Else you get the old artillery highlight over the infantry sprite, etc. A tool of some sort would be nice? Anyways, it is doable.

I'll add a reminder that editing the combat target values and sprites allows modders to do a lot of customizations, but the unit types remain the same regardless. In other words, the artillery slot still responds only to the artillery research and the AI still uses the customized units as artillery, etc. For hth games this isn't important, but for solo games the results can be disappointing.

Colin, I have both 2D standard counters and revised 3D sprites for my upcoming Advanced Third Reich mod. You and others may certainly use those for further customizations. Apparently, the MS Paint color palette is not very portable and customized colors cannot simply be copied on another machine. I've taken the time to document the color schemes I used and will include that info with my mod package. More to come later, soon.