New Global

Some assuming here, Hubert said that Japan will be a war with China when the game begins, I guess the starting date will be Sept 1st 1939, and if it is there will be about 15 months to December 7th 1941, I would assume the Japanese can pick any date they want to attack Pearl or not attack Pearl at all, their choice. The Pacific game we have now starts with Japanese carriers poised off of Pearl and again I would assume that most Japanese players who play against the AI or a human opponet would do as much damage to the American fleet as possible, but in the Global game coming how will the Japanese know what ships are in the harbor? I know turn off FOW :D but really how can they spy on Pearl is there a trick that Hubert is keeping from us, this not a trick question I have been thinking about this for several days, because I feel when the Japanese attack for the first time it has to be devastating to the Nth degree in as many areas as they can bring their power to bear. Any play testers help me with this or figure it out for myself when the game comes? And would any allied player keep the fleet there for an extended period of time taking a chance that the AI Japan or Human Japan player may hit Pearl hard or did I just answer my own question? Any ideas?

Bo

Hi Bo,

Great question and nice to see you've got your tactical and strategic thinking caps on :)

This is one we had to address very carefully, although if I did my math right it is closer to 27 months from Sep 1939 to Dec 1941, but we came up with some pretty creative solutions that handle it very well and it hasn't been an issue with any of our beta games, i.e. a surprise attack at Pearl Harbor will always be an option (amongst others) if desired.

I'd like to say more but as I already mentioned in another thread, some items we'd like to keep a surprise for once the game is released... but that being said I can safely say that this one has been addressed.

Hubert

Hi Bo,

Great question and nice to see you've got your tactical and strategic thinking caps on :)

This is one we had to address very carefully, although if I did my math right it is closer to 27 months from Sep 1939 to Dec 1941, but we came up with some pretty creative solutions that handle it very well and it hasn't been an issue with any of our beta games, i.e. a surprise attack at Pearl Harbor will always be an option (amongst others) if desired.

I'd like to say more but as I already mentioned in another thread, some items we'd like to keep a surprise for once the game is released... but that being said I can safely say that this one has been addressed.

Hubert

Thank you Hubert I might have my tactical thinking cap on but not my math hat:confused: could you erase this post so SeaMonkey doesnt see it, he will call it a senior moment:eek:looking forward to that situation hope I handle it well with good strategy.

Bo